Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify prevents voice prompts from navigation apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps

Solved!

Spotify prevents voice prompts from navigation apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone SE (2nd Generation)

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I notice that whenever I am playing music from Spotify (Bluetooth), it prevents Apple Maps and Google Maps from issuing voice prompts whenever I am running navigation. So, instead of the app saying "turn right" I just here a ding. I have verified that these navigation apps work whenever Spotify is not playing, but when it is, I do not hear the voice prompts. This means that I have to have visual access to my iPhone in order to know how to navigate, since I do not get the voice prompts.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @sadastronaut,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We tried this from our end while being connected to a bluetooth device and we couldn't reproduce the same behavior.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, try with a soft reset of the device.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @sadastronaut,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We tried this from our end while being connected to a bluetooth device and we couldn't reproduce the same behavior.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, try with a soft reset of the device.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Okay, I will let you know. I did the clean reinstall, but interestingly enough, when I reinstalled, I never needed to sign in. It remembered my login, so it makes me doubt if I fully did a clean reinstall. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do.

Hi @sadastronaut,

Thank you for keeping us on the loop.

If you followed the steps that @Jeremy shared, then all the data should've been removed. However, there are certain phone apps or management accounts that may keep a record of the users and passwords you usually use. 

Also, let us know if reinstalling the app did the trick. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue as roadie. I e tried all the steps you’ve given and it still doesn’t not work. What else can I do to fix this. 

Hey there  @Hunter1108

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Would you mind checking if the same happens using a different device? 

On another note, could you let us know if this has always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts