Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops music

Solved!

Spotify randomly stops music

Hi! So I just recently started having this problem. I use an iOS device with a free plan and I was listening to music when after a few songs, the music would stop and I would need to go back in to Spotify and restart my playlist. I tried deleting the app and redownloading it as well as restarting my phone and I still had the same issue. I logged out on all devices and logged back in on my phone and I was still experiencing the same problem. Does anyone know what to do to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @reamse15,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

clean reinstall is the best way to start the troubleshooting process, as it makes sure that no damaged app files remain, plus has the added advantage that you get the most recent app version. 

If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to make sure that adaptive battery is turned off and that Spotify is excluded from any battery optimization apps you might have installed. Could you also let us know if you can replicate the behavior on another internet network?

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

there's really nothing to fix this, uninstalling and clean reinstalling doesn't work either so don't listen to the automoderators that comment on your post. restarting the phone doesn't work either it's just been a terrible app bug. best thing you can do is close any apps you won't use at the moment and hope it doesn't crash. r/spotify on reddit has been having multiple reports as well so check that out if you want.

oh okay! I talked with a few of my friends and they say they've all been having the same issue so maybe a new update will come soon and this will get fixed, thanks again!

Marked as solution

Hey @reamse15,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

clean reinstall is the best way to start the troubleshooting process, as it makes sure that no damaged app files remain, plus has the added advantage that you get the most recent app version. 

If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to make sure that adaptive battery is turned off and that Spotify is excluded from any battery optimization apps you might have installed. Could you also let us know if you can replicate the behavior on another internet network?

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

After the clean reinstall a while ago the app seemed to not have the issue until it started happening again recently. I performed clean reinstalls and it seemed fine until it would start pausing more frequently. I did test this on other networks and it had the same issue. Again, I use an iOS device, an iPhone 11 and it is not on any optimized battery apps. 

Thanks always for your help,

reamse15

Hey @reamse15,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That the clean reinstall fixed the issue, albeit temporarily indicates that something is interfering with the app cache. Just to be sure - this issue doesn't seem to come up on any other devices or in the web player, right? It would be great if you could borrow a friend or family members account and see if the interruptions happen there as well.

It's also a good idea to check if toggling Background App Refresh on/ off for Spotify makes a difference. You can check this by going to Settings > General > Background App Refresh.  

Keep us posted on your progress. 

Mihail Moderator

iPhone 11 running 17.1.1. Preformed the above steps as well. Found that when I turned off WI-FI, random pause stopped. Turned WI-FI back on still okay. Anyone else experiencing this issue can try this and see if it works. Post results here. Not a fix, maybe a workaround. Time will tell…

I have the same problem with a fifth generation iPad running 16.7.3 over Wi-Fi connected to a Bluetooth receiver on my stereo.   It will play five or six songs and then stop loading album art and won’t allow me to skip.  I have to restart the app to get it working again.  When I do start the app again it picks up 2 or 3 songs back which kind of implies that it’s lost connection and is just playing what’s left in its buffer. 

Hi @D4V3_P,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

For starters, does this only happen when playing music via Bluetooth? Or do you experience the same behavior when playing music directly on your iPad or a different device? On another note, let us know if you already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in our previous replies.

Lastly, try logging in with a different account from Spotify and check if you can replicate the behavior. We understand if you don't have another account, so you could ask a relative or friend to try it with their account. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

Ios 17

My Question or Issue

I already set the PiP automatically for spotify and turn off the auto play videos for shopee just in case that is the reason but Spotify keeps on stopping whenever I am opening/browsing shopee and it is so frustrating because I want to play music while browsing. Any work around for this?

Suggested posts