Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing abruptly

Spotify stops playing abruptly

When I try to play a song, it stops playing a few seconds after it starts. It appears to be playing (the play/pause icon is still the pause symbol), but no audio comes out, and the track bar is stationary. This problem only occurs when I am using cellular data and I have T-Mobile.

I am getting this issue on an iPhone 7 and I've had this issue since iOS 10.

*UPDATE* I made a new account, and it seems to be working (for now). I am treating this as a temporary fix, as I want to keep my followers/followings along with my playlists/library.

4 Replies

Hi, 

It sounds more like a cellular issue and not Spotify. Depending on your signal strength you may not have enough tower coverage to support the streaming. This will happen to me sometimes when I travel and hit weak spots for my cell signal. It clears up when I am in better range or on wifi.

That's what I thought too, but other apps such as Pandora work perfectly fine in the same conditions. I've run internet tests and received perfectly acceptable results. I've even streamed movies right after trying Spotify. This error occurs every time I try to play a song off of a WiFi connection.

Solution:

1.I would advise you  make a playlist of the songs you like then sign out of Spotify

2. delete the app and re download it as you might have an older version of the app with bugs

3.when you re download it go into iphone Settings -Data  make sure Data is switched on for the Spotify app,

4.Sign in and it should work as normal plus all your music will still be there. 

I’ve tried this several times, getting the same error

Suggested posts