Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after a minute!

Spotify stops playing after a minute!

So your Spotify seems to be stopping after a minute or so of playback. Let's try and get it working again. Below, I've popped a couple of troubleshooting suggestions for you. 

* First of all, try restarting your phone. Recently, we have seen this to be working for a number of users who seem to leave their devices on most of the time. 

* Next step, a force close of Spotify. In the application, hold down the power button until the "Slide to Power Off" option appears, then hold down the home button. This should close the application. Open it up again, and it hopefully should be working. 

* If that doesn't work, try changing the streaming / sync quality settings in your settings menu from the default option. You might also have some luck turning off Gapless and Crossfade Tracks.

* Still no luck? Then it might be time for a clean installation. All the instructions you need can be found right here

These should hopefully stop Spotify pausing for you! 

Airhorn Enthusiast
29 Replies

same here man, i feel your pain ... ohh there was one other thing that i did,  turn off all push notiifcations and gapless playback (spotify app -> more -> setting) , maybe that was what got it working ??

I had not tried disabling the notifications, so I did that.  Still having issues though.

Same **bleep** here man! I hope the figure this out fast, 'cause i'm a paying customer.

hi guys ... i have no idea how i got it working now because i know that i had the same problem for a week and now its gone.  the only thing that i had done as well, at the time was ... delete the app and reboot the phone ... dont do anything with regards to the spotify app overnight ... the next morning re-install the app and hopefully it will be working ;? Good Luck ;O)

iPad 5.0.6, Windows 7

Has Spotify addressed this issue with anything other than "Re-install."?  I did that and still stops streaming after a minute or 2,  and also will not go to or play the next song.

I'll give Spotify a couple weeks to fix this, and then I will cancel service.  No use paying for something that does not work.

Sam thing happening here. Please help.
iTouch totally pukes and exits Spotify to main menu after one or two songs.
Have version 4.2.1 (8C148)
Spotify version 0.4.26.1.g01466bb9

The same situation here with an iPod Touch, so the only solution solution is : delete+reboot+install+pray ? Or anyone found something else ? I paid for a month for nothing I am going to check Deezer if this is not solved quickly . Don't they have a customer service here ? I cannot find a way to talk to them, I give them 120€/year and think the service should be better...

I spoke with Spotify through support@spotify.com

Ok, looks like I've tentatively got it working for now (3 songs played in a row!)

Delete the App from the device

Power cycle the device

Re-download the App

Not sure why this works but it has seemed to fix the issues I was having.  Good luck!

Ok thank for your help, I'm going to try this !

A lot of the additional troubleshooting here seems to have been addressed in my inital post. Please check there for the first steps you should take in resolving this.

I'll lock this thread for now to stop the confusion.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts