Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops when switch to WhatsApp

Spotify stops when switch to WhatsApp

hey Spotifyers, I’ve a problem,

as the title says my Spotify app stops the music when switching to WhatsApp! (Inside the Messaging List!). 

Problem is reproducible on my:

• Jabra 75t Elite wireless earbuds 

• Home speaker: blaupunkt wireless

ive notice this 2/3 weeks ago and it’s frustrating. 

I’ve read one method: 

- restarting (hard/force) the device, yes it helps gut for a few days then the problem comes again. 

This methods is not a solution nor a fix. It’s goes really in my nerves and can I ask if it’s maybe a fix for this problem???

Spotify plan; Premium

iOS: 14.4

Spotify: Latest version. 

6 Replies

Hey there @Iwanchek01

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice anything new after performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, clean install is not the solution at all! 

Last version on Spotify is installed for iOS. 

ivan 

Hi @Iwanchek01

Thanks for your reply.

Since this is an issue involving a third party app, there isn't anything you can change in the Spotify app settings themselves which will prevent other apps interrupting the service.

What we'd suggest in this case is to try and disable all WhatsApp notifications. You can also check the app settings and see whether there are any permissions which can be enabled. You can also try turning on Do not disturb mode and see if that changes anything.

In case you've started to notice this after updating your iPhone's OS, you might want to turn to the support team from Apple as well.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

So it’s on WhatsApps side?! 
If yes I’ll contact them. 

Ive also notice that when I delete cache (Spotify!) then the problem is gone 🤷🏻‍♂️ Don’t ask how! 🤣 

can you somehow delete the cache or set it up that it deletes the cache when reaching like 1.5gig. 

Can I mention that your “I’m not a robot then selecting pictures 5min is retareded!! 

Hi again @Iwanchek01

Thanks for getting back to us. 

At the moment, it's not possible to automatically delete cache. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

Have a good one!

NovyModerator

Appreciate it. 

have s good one too. 

regards from Germany 🇩🇪 

ivan 

Suggested posts