Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify tracks stop playing at random

Spotify tracks stop playing at random

Spotify, I think you have a major problem. Lately, since a week or 3, both on my iPhone 4 (iOS7) and Ipod touch 4th Gen the tracks of my downloaded playlists, when being offline, stop playing after an undefined time. They skip to the next track but no audio can be heard. 

Only when I do a "hard" skip myself to a next song, that song starts playing and audio can be heard. Again for 3, 4, 5 or more minutes until the same occurs.

I'm a happy premium user for more than a year now (correction: I was a happy premium user) and this really p***** me off very much.

I have done all that I could find on the community threads on this subject such as:

- clear history and cookies,

- delete the app

- turn off iphone or ipod

- turn it back on 

- reinstall the app

- put the preferred playlists offline again

I'm a bit lost and it seems that you cannot manage to provide a solution to this terrible issue.

Any idea ?

25 Replies

There is an open bugs topic about tracks skipping but it is reported the issue is solved in v0.9.3 of the iOS app. Are you using 0.9.3?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes, both devices have Spotify 0.9.3 running...

I read this and assumed that it would be solved. On the contrary, the issue is still occurring.

Does it still happen if you force offline mode in Settings > Playback > Offline Mode?

Peter

As for my iphone, after clearing cookies and history, removing the app, turning the device off and back on and reinstalling Spotify-app, it seems the issue is solved.

I will check next days whether for my ipod the same solution will work.

Thanks for the advice.

Let us know! 🙂

Peter

I have exactly the same problem after the update!
Where do I erase the cookies and history before reinstalling spotify on My iPhone 4???

What version of iOS is that running?

Peter

iOS 7.0.4 the latest for iPhone 4
and I have the latest version of Spotify which started all the trouble with songs stopping randomly

I hope your going to release an update that fixes this issue...
My friend got exactly the same problem after updating his iPhone aswell

Peter,

I run iOS7 on my iphone and iOS6 on my ipod. I run the latest Spotify version.

Also, I thought it was solved on my iphone but this morning while running it stopped again twice. Although stopped is not a good description, as the track continues but without audio. In order to have music I have to skip to the next track.
The audio stops randmoly after 2, 3 sometimes 5 tracks have played.

It's getting a real issue since it seems more people are suffering from this issue while no actual solution is at hand.

I have experienced the exact same problem for the last couple of days. I also use an iPhone 4 but with iOS 6. Also I am not able to access any of my playlists, not the offline nor the online ones. I have done a reinstall but no change at all.

I sincerely hope this will be solved soon as it makes the app completely useless.

Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of what your app looks like?

Peter

The screenshots are not much to look at but here's how it looks when I try to access my playlists. 

When the player stops playing sounds the screen looks perfectly normal. It looks just as if the music was playing, except it's not. And it keeps looking like that until the battery is out.

My iOS is 6.1.3

and the app 0.9.3.212

IMG_0579.PNG
IMG_0580.PNG

Escalating your details now - thanks for the screenshots.

Peter

Thank you for looking into this.

I actually managed to make a screenshot when the player had stopped yet still played (without sound). I pressed the pause button but with little consequence as you can see. The only way to stop the player is to force quit the app. 

I sincerely hope you are able to solve this somehow.

IMG_0583.PNG

I have exactly the same issue even after reinstalling according to the instructions!!

Spotify you have to do something!  

In this condition the Spotify App is USELESS!!!!!!!!

The songs just randomly stops, but visually their still playing!!

@2mixu -- what model of iPhone, version of iOS, and version of Spotify are you using? Have you tried restarting the app by holding Home + Lock for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears?

@joosie -- are you able to upgrade to iOS7?

Edit: there seems to be two issues here. One is streaming issues (tracks playing but with no sound), and the other is playlists not loading. If your playlists aren't loading, can you post in this thread including your version of iOS?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

@Adam - Thanks for directing me to the other thread! I seem to have two separate issues (yay..).

And about upgrading, I could, technically, but my phone is slow as it is and I don't want it to get worse. It is, after all, three and a half years old. (and unfortunately release of memory didn't do much)

@Adam

I have an iPone 4 with iOS 7.0.4

Spotify is version 0.9.3.212

I have tried both shutting down the telephone and reinstalling the app with the description above
Nothing seems to help...  Still the songs stop randomly...

I now change my subscription from Premium to Unlimited because of this problem (and for not loading/finding playlists). I know you are working hard to solve this but I just can't pay for something I can't use.

Suggested posts