Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify wont ask for microphone permission

Solved!

Spotify wont ask for microphone permission

Premium account running on an iPhone 7+ with iOS 12.1.

I do not know how to access spotify voice. The microphone option in the search bar is missing, so i cannot access through the app. If I go to microphone setttings in the privacy tab on my phone, the option to enable for spotify is missong there too. I have no idea how to get spotify to ask me for mic permissions. Does anybody have a way or a solution? 

Thanks!

28 Replies

This is just plain horrible customer service.

If you remove a feature you should at a minimum let users know once they open the app next time.

Clearly trying to push car thing sales which is a design flaw I itself and I will not buy it.

Good bye Spotify. Just informed my family members that we are moving on from Spotify.

Too many shady things are happening and functionality is not improving. Instead of making the UI more car friendly, you are trying to sell a piece of hardware.

So y'all are removing the feature from paid Premium members without as much as a whisper of telling us?! Then you're trying to strongarm sales of 'Car Thing' ($80) for a feature that should be free to anyone operating a motor vehicle?! Yeah that's the responsible thing to do to increase revenue for corporate pockets. Screw driver safety right? Pathetic....

#spotify #spotifypremium #heyspotifynotworking

Im a premium member in the US and i still cant get mine to work...

Im a premium member in the US and I cant get my mic to show up or work either

I’m so disappointed to hear this. I was raving about this feature while it was operational in the app. I have a 3 hour commute each day and this was a perfect accompaniment to my long drive without worry of having to fiddle around in the app to find a song. Please consider this a vote for restoring this functionality. I’m not interested in “Car Thing” if it’s a separate device when the same functionality worked perfectly in the app until it was removed.

This is Super lame. I used the spotify assistant all the time and now they just take it away unless you buy the Car thing. Damn you capitalism. The app also doesn't allow me to use the microphone on my keyboard so I don't have to type while manually searching.....very dangerous in the car.

Lol that's essentially what they mean

Removing the ability to search for artists/songs in Spotify via a microphone, is clearly a terrible move that actually promotes physically interacting with your phone while driving. I used it all the time while driving and it made perfect sense. Why remove such a simple and extremely useful feature that no one was complaining about? I just bought an S23 Ultra and all the sudden I can't use voice input on Spotify's search now, why??

Super old post but I did solve this. I installed Google keyboard, set it as my default keyboard. Now the microphone works just fine. For some reason it just didn't work using the Samsung keyboard on my phone. I tried using an s22 ultra and an s24 ultra both Samsung keyboards did the same thing. Works just fine on a pixel 7, 7 pro, 8, 8 pro, and pixel 5. 

Suggested posts