Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR (hers) Iphone XS (mine)

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

My wife and I just got Spotify coming from Pandora so we really like the Stations app since it’s kinda the same. My stations only has skip forward and thumbs up/down. My wife’s however shows an option to see upcoming songs, has a reverse button, and her like an dislike options are on opposite sides. I’ve tried uninstalling my app and restarting the phone and nothing changes. She can also move the slider to fast forward or reverse the song progress. I’m not sure why mine is different if we have the same account. Mine is the first pic with the basic functions. Hers is the second two pictures. The middle pic is what happen when you click "Up next"

image2.png
image1.png
image0.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ckurello

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As @Ver mentioned, we’re always testing possible improvements and new features. That's why it's possible that you might see something in the app that your wife doesn't or viceversa. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Great question! It’s nothing wrong with the Premium Duo or your Spotify account. Since your partner’s phone is a different model, the apps may have different features. The Spotify app is different in many devices. Hope this helps!

if you find my answer helpful, you can pin as “solution” 

Thanks for the reply! It's not that it just looks different, it actually has more functions than mine. i.e. I can't skip forward or back in songs or replay songs.

Hey there @Ckurello,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps when you performed a reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this. 

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in on your wife's device to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi @jeremy,

I did a clean install of both Spotify and Stations on my phone and I still lack the functions she has for the Stations app. I never had an difference in the Spotify app itself. I will log into her phone when I get home to see if it has more button on stations if I log into it. I'm wondering if her account got flagged for testing features in the Stations app, but I'm not sure.

thanks!

Hey @Ckurello,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We are indeed always testing new features in order to improve our app and the experience with it. It's possible that you might not see something that others do, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. You can click here to find more information about Spotify tests.

It's a good idea to keep the app up-to-date so you don't miss the latest features and improvements.

In case there is an option to leave a survey, you can fill it in and share your feedback.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Jeremy,

I was able to have my wife log into my phone with her account and she did in fact have the extra features on my phone. So it looks like it's her account and not related to our phones. I'm just wondering if she got selected to test new features or should I also have those features as a premium customer? I would think we would have the same features since we have the same type of account. I'm not sure who to talk to about it.

Thanks,

Clay

Marked as solution

Hey @Ckurello

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As @Ver mentioned, we’re always testing possible improvements and new features. That's why it's possible that you might see something in the app that your wife doesn't or viceversa. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you. It would be awesome to have those extra features. The one thing that I do like about Stations that my wife doesn't have (because she can skip backwards) is the ability to thumbs up/down from the lock screen.

Thanks,

Clay

Hi Eni,

My app just got swapped to the same as my wife, so thank you for talking to the right people! The "Up Next" feature is 100% fire and really nice. I was always stressed about missing my chance to thumb up a song before it was over because I'd never know what it was called if I couldn't look at my phone. My only complaint about the new setup is the loss to thumbs up/down from the lock screen (looked like 3 horizontal lines and replaced the reverse arrow icon). Since you can reverse the song by dragging the progress bar, it would make a lot of sense to replace the reverse arrow on the lock screen with the thumbs up/down. I would love to test a setup like that because to me, it'd perfect (I use the thumbs up/down way more than I'd use the reverse arrow. If you wouldn't mind passing on the feedback, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

C

Hey @Ckurello,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as we always strive to improve our app and the experience with it.

You can also give these steps a go and submit your idea. That way other users can support it. Keep in mind the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you want to find more information about how your feedback reaches Spotify, you can click here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts