Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Android but was unaware of Equalizer loss

Switching from Android but was unaware of Equalizer loss

I am a big fan of Spotify on Android. I recently switched to the iPhone 5S and there is no equalizer. The music is very flat sounding without it. Doesn't matter how nice your headphones are if you can't control EQ! I'd like to stay with Spotify but I'll need to switch to RDIO or Google Play when it comes out if we can't get Spotify updated. I know a lot of people are in the same boat here so please don't just link me to the other slightly similar question that has already been asked. 

3 Questions:

1. Is there a stock equalizer that is applied to all music in the Spotify iOS App?

2. Is there a bright shining day I can look forward to where we have an equalizer?

3. Is Apple preventing the equalizer implementation? I can focus my lobbying towards them if that is the case. 

Thank you,

Bryan

itunes_equalizer.png
3 Replies

Hey Brian

if you have any idae to let Spotify move re-implementing their equalizer - just do it. Thousands of iphone users will love you.

Best regards

Peter

@EqualizerLover wrote:

I am a big fan of Spotify on Android. I recently switched to the iPhone 5S and there is no equalizer. The music is very flat sounding without it. Doesn't matter how nice your headphones are if you can't control EQ! I'd like to stay with Spotify but I'll need to switch to RDIO or Google Play when it comes out if we can't get Spotify updated. I know a lot of people are in the same boat here so please don't just link me to the other slightly similar question that has already been asked. 

3 Questions:

1. Is there a stock equalizer that is applied to all music in the Spotify iOS App?

2. Is there a bright shining day I can look forward to where we have an equalizer?

3. Is Apple preventing the equalizer implementation? I can focus my lobbying towards them if that is the case. 

Thank you,

Bryan

Be sure to add your vote to the request topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-Equalizer-in-Spotify/idi-p/4249

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify Equalizer:
Spotify equaliser is available from 1.5.0 release, available for everyone now from the Apple App Store. Options are inside Settings -> Playback -> Equalizer
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts