Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync issue between pc and ipad

Solved!

Sync issue between pc and ipad

I have deleted all local files to free space. They have gone from pc but still appear on ipad. It is the ipad I want to delete them from but they don't appear to be syncing. Any advice taken gladly!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To delete the local files from your iPad, you will need to delete the app from your iPad, and then reinstall the app and then sign in again to it.

This will give you a clean installation of the iPad app with no local files.

If you want to continue using Spotify on the iPad without local files, make sure you do not download the local files again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You're welcome!

I guess it's just the way the developers made it work.

When new local files are added to an offline playlist, they will download, but when removed, they somehow stay inside of the app, even if they are not in that playlist anymore.

There is a "Local Files" playlist at the top which you can use to delete them from the app by clicking on "edit" and then deleting them one by one, but this can take a lot of time if you have a lot of local files.

That's why the best way that takes the least amount of time is to delete the whole app and reinstall it. 

Maybe the developers will improve this in the future.

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

To delete the local files from your iPad, you will need to delete the app from your iPad, and then reinstall the app and then sign in again to it.

This will give you a clean installation of the iPad app with no local files.

If you want to continue using Spotify on the iPad without local files, make sure you do not download the local files again.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks Matt. Worked a treat. 

Why do you have to do that when removing but not when adding?

Marked as solution

You're welcome!

I guess it's just the way the developers made it work.

When new local files are added to an offline playlist, they will download, but when removed, they somehow stay inside of the app, even if they are not in that playlist anymore.

There is a "Local Files" playlist at the top which you can use to delete them from the app by clicking on "edit" and then deleting them one by one, but this can take a lot of time if you have a lot of local files.

That's why the best way that takes the least amount of time is to delete the whole app and reinstall it. 

Maybe the developers will improve this in the future.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts