Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync problem

Sync problem

Okay, I've searched the forum - couldn't find an answer.

My Phone 5 with the newest iOS (iOS 7?) won't sync my local files. I have spotify unlimited. There is 21 GB of free data. I connect my computer and iPhone to the same wifi, and it pops up in spotify, but it won't sync. 

I've tried different things; restarting spotify, deleting the app and tried other wifi's.

When i go into Devices and click on the name of the iPhone, i can see all the playlists but none syncs. If i try to click 'Manually choose playlists to sync' and try to 'tick' one of the boxes the tick disappears instantly. This also happens with the box 'Local files'. If i click on local files i have loads of songs in the libary..

Soo, what to do?

Kind regards,

Christian

16 Replies

Do you have a subscription or a free account?

I have spotify unlimited

Bump

Hi. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Could you please try the steps outlined in this post and let me know what happens. Thanks.

Nothing happens.. Is it supposed to start syncing automaticly? 

Also, no worries; thanks for helping!

Yes, once you make a playlist available offline on your phone it should staart synching. What happens if you try that?

If you mean on my phone, nothing happens.. I flip the Available offline "switch" and nothing happens.. 

This is after restarting your phone by holding the Home and Lock buttons together for 10 seconds to restart your device?

If you are using Windows 7/8, can you try completely disabling Windows Firewall (and other security software) temporarily? 

I've found with a recent update my windows firewall appears to play funny with Spotify synching. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yup, I've restarted my phone several times, and even reinstalled my Spotify app..

Just tried disabling Windows Firewall, and it didn't work.

I feel like i'm running out of options? 🙂

Bump....

Sorry for the delay on this, been a bit busy lately! 

Can you just confirm can you see your phone under "Devices" in the Spotify desktop client? 

Peter

Peter

No worries! 

Yeah, i can see it under Devices. Check the attachment

Unavngivet.png

That is weird, how many local files do you have? 

They defintely haven't been synced to "Local Files" on your iOS app? 

Peter

Peter

So weird! Nope - 0 tracks in Local Files on my iOS app.

And i have about 1100 local tracks on my computer

Suggested posts