Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing stops on iPhone

Solved!

Syncing stops on iPhone

I am making my playlists available offline and the playlist will get to two or three tracks then the status bar disappears and its stops syncing so although i have a playlist i have made available offline, it wont sync...whats the point of paying!?

IMG_1584.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your computer then select the iPhone under Devices, how much free space does it show at the top? We'd recommend 1GB+ for a reasonable amount of offline syncing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

what iPhone do you have? what iOS is it? are you running the latest version of Spotify?

its a 4s and ios 6.1.3 all up to date, its a mystery!

Sometimes if i sign out and in again it starts working but for like two tracks and thats it!

an example...i just signed in and out, its synched four tracks ad just stopped!

Marked as solution

If you connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your computer then select the iPhone under Devices, how much free space does it show at the top? We'd recommend 1GB+ for a reasonable amount of offline syncing.

Where am I finding "devices"? Thanks

Devices is one of the options in the sidebar on the left side of Spotify. When there's another device with Spotify open on it, it'll show up something like this:

Devices.png

I think that might be it! Just clearing some stuff.

thank you!

I have the same probleme but 9.1Gb free space available on my Iphone 3GS ...

The probleme is not the free space for me ...

An idea ?

IMG_0394.PNG
IMG_0395.PNG

@bigblue06 - there's a limit of 3,333 offline tracks per device so judging by the length of those playlists you'll be hitting that limit, causing syncing to stop. If you do a reinstall, you'll find you can sync again - up to the 3,333 track limit.

I am having the same exact issue.  I am running iOS 6.1.4 on my iphone 5.  I have tried deleting and re-downloading the Spotify app multiple times and I have gone through all of the other troubleshooting tips and nothing is working.  I have also tried clicking "edit" on the play list screen and clicking the download arrow but nothing happens.  I am not getting any error message and they are not synching extremely slowly, nothing happens.

Spotify.png

@tditty2pretty wrote:

I am having the same exact issue.  I am running iOS 6.1.4 on my iphone 5.  I have tried deleting and re-downloading the Spotify app multiple times and I have gone through all of the other troubleshooting tips and nothing is working.  I have also tried clicking "edit" on the play list screen and clicking the download arrow but nothing happens.  I am not getting any error message and they are not synching extremely slowly, nothing happens.

How much free storage space do you have on your device?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I want to synchronize a new offline list. I have enough space (36 GB free). I have 1,200 songs and am lehjos synchronized an i far from reach the  3,333 songs limit, I have an Iphone 6 with the latest version of operating system and version 2.2.0.2464 of Spotify. Why Spotify refuses to synchronize a list of 77 songs? I am very disappointed

Suggested posts