Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing with iTunes Match local files

Solved!

Syncing with iTunes Match local files

I have Spotify and iTunes Match on my iPhone. On my old iPhone 4S, Spotify used to play local tracks (music available locally via iTunes but not otherwise available via Spotify's streaming database) that I added to Spotify playlists. Since I upgraded to the iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.4), this doesn't work anymore. The tracks appear in my playlist but nothing happens when I try to play them. I am running Spotify mobile app v0.9.1.230.

The tracks do play correctly through iTunes on my phone and do play correctly through Spotify on my laptop. They just don't play from my Spotify playlists, of which I have about 40.

Any idea how to get Spotify to play my local music again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally solved the problem. I had to delete and re-install Spotify on my phone. Then I synced the tracks and it worked.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Have you synced those tracks via Spotify to your iPhone? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks. I realized had not, and went ahead and synced the playlists containing the local tracks. However, it doesn't appear to have solved the problem. It has changed the symptoms, though -- when I try to play some (but not all) of the local tracks, an error message appears directing me to sync the tracks. I've tried this multiple times and it still doesn't work. At least something did change -- any further ideas for a next step?

Thanks for your help.

Did you sync the tracks using WiFi to your main computer (like in the help page above)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I did, using the sync function in the Spotify application on my computer. I can post a screenshot if you'd like.

Thanks again.

Marked as solution

I finally solved the problem. I had to delete and re-install Spotify on my phone. Then I synced the tracks and it worked.

Suggested posts