Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.4

My Question or Issue

I was wondering if there was any way to revert the app back to the last version. It is nearly impossible to listen to the music that I want to or like. In the last version, I could shuffle through the artist or album sections and play the music I had liked or saved. This new update doesn’t even give me the option of this. In addition, with this new update, all the things I had saved on my app disappeared. It still exists on my laptop, but not my phone. I think you can understand my frustrations. I am emailing because I have reached my wits end with this frankly unhelpful, annoying, and stupid update. I beg of you guys, please revert the app back to the last version.

10 Replies

Hey @_cyy-gq21ywni,

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's currently not possible to revert your account to a previous version, but I've passed your feedback to the right team.

Lastly, any songs, playlists, artists, albums, and podcasts you saved before the app was updated can still be found in Your Library.

Note: Songs you saved are now in your Favorites playlists.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also have a complaint about the new version!!! You can no longer find friends/follower pages?!?! And the playlists I saved from others, you can no longer click their name under the playlist title to go to their page and view their other playlists. This is a horrible update. Please revert back to the old way, or change the feature back please?!?! 

Unless I’m just lost??? Maybe you can explain how to find users?? Because even when I try typing their username into the search bar, while I do get results, it’s just random artists or playlists with similar names to my friend’s username... 

Hey @snyderkjam,

According to their Help site, Spotify are currently exploring different social options for the free, ad-supported service on mobile. Right now, the ability to search for and follow your friends is unavailable. Hopefully, Spotify will have more information about this soon.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Soooo we suddenly have to pay to follow our friends? That is ridiculous...

I agree. And I genuinely CANNOT STAND how I can’t see all the albums and artsits anymore. Like there are maybe 1/9th of the albums I had. Please. This interface is awful. 

I agree. And I genuinely CANNOT STAND how I can’t see all the albums and artsits anymore. Like there are maybe 1/9th of the albums I had. Please. This interface is awful. 

Apparently songs are found in “favorites” but I had 2k maybe more songs and only 100 songs are found in the favorites album. This is the worst app for music now and no way am I paying for this anymore. I ended my subscription with you guys and am currently looking for new apps to use or just sticking with Apple Music.

I agree!!! I have lost my radio button in the new update.... apparently I’m one of the chosen ones to test it on.... I hate it as I can’t listen to the radio on my app anymore 🤬

All mt saved songs are nor in my favorites playlist. I have over a thousand saved songs and in my favorites playlist there are only over 500. I have premium in one phone and no premium on the other and in the phone with the premi account I can even pick a song and I can only skip to a next song 6 times in an hour?????? SCAM

Honestly, like I’m gonna stop paying and just go to someone else probably Apple Music. At least I would know where everything thing is and they have more music. 

Suggested posts