Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 5S & Dell desktop

Operating System

(iOS 12.1/Windows 7)

My Question or Issue

Every time I try to listen to the song Season by The Scene Aesthetic on both my Spotify app and also the webplayer on my desktop computer at work, the song will not play. On the webplayer it gives me an error saying “This song is unavailable” and on the app nothing happens when I tap on it but it will not play. 

At work I’m using a hard wired internet connection and on the phone I alternate between using my mobile data and a WiFi connection. I am not listening to music offline. 

My app is updated to version 8.4.78

I’m not having this issue with any other music or song. 

Please help 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So i was able to get this fixed after live chatting with Spotify. Apparently there was something wrong with my account that was preventing me from playing this song. They helped me to register for a new account and merge my accounts. I’m not sure what the exact problem ending up being. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there,

Some songs are not available in some countries for streaming.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Cheers.

My roommate (who lives in the same country and also has Spotify) is able to play it from her app with no problems.

The reason it is not playing seems to have nothing to do with country of she is able to play the very same song without issue.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Will you be able to provide me whether you both signed up for Spotify in the same country?

(Not using in the same country, signed up for the first time in the same country.)

Cheers.

Marked as solution

So i was able to get this fixed after live chatting with Spotify. Apparently there was something wrong with my account that was preventing me from playing this song. They helped me to register for a new account and merge my accounts. I’m not sure what the exact problem ending up being. 

Suggested posts