Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Three dots

Three dots

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7 Plus 

Operating

ios 13

My Question or Issue

I'm  so frustrated with using Spotify. So frustrated that I've switched between Spotify and apply music several times this year. Apple Music I find just works well, no issues or frustration. However Spotify has superior discoverability. 

my issue is I constantly get the three dots when trying to use the app. I guess it's to do with a weak connection. I'm constantly there staring at three dots. When I want to listen to music I want to get on with it and not spend a minute or two looking at dots, closing and restarting the app, or turning it back and forth from offline mode. 

i May soon ditch this service all together because the frustration it causes isn't worth it or the £120 annual I pay.

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd suggest updating to iOS 13.1.2.

Yes that happens usually with a weak connection, has happened to me in some cases as well.

Could you also try using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere to see if that helps?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Nothing worked 

Hi, I faced the same problem and this solved my issue:
firstly I set my phone to airplane mode (don't really know if that was a necessary move)
then in the iPhone's settings > spotify > siri & search > disable everything. I closed everything, re-opened spotify, disabled the airplane mode and finally I could search again using my cellular data. After this I enabled Siri search again, and I can still search on spotify, so maybe that caued some troubles with the app. Hope this helps! 

I just want a refund for this annual subscription I bought 

Suggested posts