A trick to keep syncing offline playlists on iPhone/iPad:
1. Press play on a song in a playlist 2. Press the little i at the left top 3. Turn repeat on (this will repeat the playlist) 4. Now select all the playlists you want to have available offline
Because the playlist is on repeat, Sporify stays active and you can sync all the playlists you want without worrying about Sporify pausing the syncing because Spotify is idle.
I came up with this myself as a way around the pausing of the syncing off playlists when you're not active on your iPhone. A feauture which has literally not a single advantage, and how are you idle when you are actively syncing playlists..
But the point is I don't want to turn auto lock off, I use my iPhone for more than Spotify and don't feel like customizing my settings, for any app basically. I like the fact that my phone has a 2-minute autolock, I walk around a lot (in private but also at work) and don't want anybody to just be able to go into my phone cause I happened to have it laying around. From stupid jokes like changing the wallpaper to people breaking your privacy, the auto lock feature is there to prevent that. Yes I could always cary my phone with me, but that's just not reality.
Im new to spotify... BUT ALREADY EXPERICED REALLY ANNOYING APP BEHAVIOUR:
1. pausing when syncing. played music prior but still stops. Unlocking solution on iOS helps greatly but still disconnects.
2. lack of graphic/ frequency equalizer when even cheap app developers can do it is beyond my comprehension.
3. no discovery on iOS. Idont linke sitting in front of my mac unless its work.
4. simultaneous use by at least two devices.
5. added: inability to clear/ delete offline content (playlists/ tracks) from cache or system. the only solution is to delete the app and start all over again when you want to delete, edit existing offline content. Depending on the size of your of your offline content this will take hours each time you need to resync not to mention re-downloading the app...
suggestions to spotify:
I wound think spotify is addressing these and others. maybe good to just share what's in the pipeline and maybe try to be straight with the community of users what you can and cannot resolve with maybe apple's restrictions.
It would be great if these annoyances are at least dealt with by official answers from spotify through maybe your FAQ.
This is a limitation to iPhones, not the app. Apple coded iOS to suspend background apps after a few minutes of inactivity to conserve battery life. I wish there was a way to turn this off for certain apps though.
They can't since it's a limitation Apple has put on iPhones. This is not Spotify's fault. After an app is in the background for so long, iOS thinks it is "idle" and basically pauses/freezes the app where it is so it isn't using up resources when you aren't using it. If it wasn't for this feature, the battery life on iDevices would be much worse, but it creates a problem like this for a lot of users.
Yes, this is all great, apart from the fact that the app IS still active. It's active syncing my music (or at least it should be). The fact that it works when music us still playing shows that it's possible.