Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

not finding app for spotify in app store

I'm obviously not too bright because I have been going to the app store from my Iphone 4s and do a search for "spotify". The search results only show "spotsearch for spotify". I cannot find the app itself. WTH am I doing wrong? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm obviously not too bright because I have been going to the app store from my Iphone 4s and do a search for "spotify". The search results only show "spotsearch for spotify".  I cannot fin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing synced music on the Iphone

I do have an Iphone 5, all software is updated and I do have a Premium account.. For some of the playlists I use the offline mode and synced the songs on to the Iphone. However some tracks I cant listen to. It lloks like the track wont start playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • I do have an Iphone 5, all software is updated and I do have a Premium account.. For some of the playlists I use the offline mode and synced the songs on to the Iphone. However some tracks I cant l...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio not working or connecting to 4G / LTE network

Hi fellow Spotify users,I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - which happens to clear your wifi password as well but no b...

• Regular
  • Hi fellow Spotify users, I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - whi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iOS 7: Radio is not working

I have upgraded to ios7 on an Apple iphone 4 and have the latest Spotify mobile app. For the past two days, the radio function has stopped working. When I click on the radio, all I see is the top headline saying Radio, but the entire page is just a b...

• Casual Listener
  • I have upgraded to ios7 on an Apple iphone 4 and have the latest Spotify mobile app.  For the past two days, the radio function has stopped working.  When I click on the radio, all I see is...
  • VAL
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Play que problems

Hi. I'm on the iOS version of spotify. I have I really annoying problem. Every time I put a song on que it seems to play the song twice. It does not so it every time but it does it every now and then. I have the newest update of spotify and the probl...

• Hi. I'm on the iOS version of spotify. I have I really annoying problem. Every time I put a song on que it seems to play the song twice. It does not so it every time but it does it every now and then...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Managing Playlists on iPhones

I am a premium user. In the household there are three Spotify users with their own iphones, who all use the same accont. We can each create our own playlists on our MAC within the Spotify app. No problems there. My question is how do I get playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user. In the household there are three Spotify users with their own iphones, who all use the same accont. We can each create our own playlists on our MAC within the Spotify app. N...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio not working on LTE

iPhone 5, updated os and app. Has never worked for me, works fine over wifi. Any way to fix this?

• Regular
  • iPhone 5, updated os and app.  Has never worked for me, works fine over wifi.  Any way to fix this?
  • VAL
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ipad - no playlists

Hy I use Spotify on my Powermac and Iphone and I am very happy with Spotify. Now I got the latest Ipad. I do not see any playlists. What should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hy   I use Spotify on my Powermac and Iphone and I am very happy with Spotify. Now I got the latest Ipad. I do not see any playlists. What should I do?
  • wondercarpet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

list divices I can sync

I have spotify premium on Mac OS and sync it with a failing I pod touch. I am looking for a new device to replacd the I pod touch. I use it offline. I have several playlists and like to change them frequently to use off line. I do not use iTunes. I d...

• I have spotify premium on Mac OS and sync it with a failing I pod touch.  I am looking for a new device to replacd the I pod touch.  I use it offline.  I have several playlists and lik...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need to use wireless to go online?

I am running Spotify on my iPhone with downloaded songs (offline mode). I know that I need to go online once every 30 days to keep my downloaded songs active. Does that mean that I need to go online through a wireless LAN, or is it enough to go onlin...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running Spotify on my iPhone with downloaded songs (offline mode).  I know that I need to go online once every 30 days to keep my downloaded songs active.  Does that mean that I need t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod does not sync

hello I already syncronized my ipod nano but now I connect it and it gets blocked, what can i do? it stops when it asks: do you really want to erase and substitute your music? It does not accept mu click to "yes"

• hello I already syncronized my ipod nano but now I connect it and it gets blocked, what can i do? it stops when it asks: do you really want to erase and substitute your music? It does not accept mu c...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when I add a song to a certain playlist [IPAD]

Almost every time I add a song to a certain playlist (it has 4756 songs if that helps) the app crashes. The song is added, but I have to reload the app again. Very annoying. This doesn't happen when I add to any other playlist, and it has only happen...

• Gig Goer
  • Almost every time I add a song to a certain playlist (it has 4756 songs if that helps) the app crashes. The song is added, but I have to reload the app again. Very annoying. This doesn't happen when ...
  • baespey
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Sound only for a second

I'm premium subscriber but recently I can't play songs from Spotify to Apple Tv anymore. When I press Airplay sound comes for a second, then disappears, comes back, disappears and so only. The sound is only there for a split second. When I play throu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm premium subscriber but recently I can't play songs from Spotify to Apple Tv anymore. When I press Airplay sound comes for a second, then disappears, comes back, disappears and so only. The sound ...
  • Uben
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

I subscribe to premium and have it on 3 devices. Just got a new iPad mini and want it on that as well just to stream from. I seem to be stuck with the free app with adverts, even though I used my account details when I logged in. What's gone wrong?!

• Casual Listener
  • I subscribe to premium and have it on 3 devices. Just got a new iPad mini and want it on that as well just to stream from. I seem to be stuck with the free app with adverts, even though I used my acc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Only Clean Versions of music on iOS 7.0.6

Hello all, I've been having a lot of issues with the newest version of spotify, the biggest one for me, is only clean versions of songs showing. Unlike on the desktop app, where you would have the option of "# more releases" to choose the explicit co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I've been having a lot of issues with the newest version of spotify, the biggest one for me, is only clean versions of songs showing. Unlike on the desktop app, where you would ...
  • soulvoid86
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback error on iPhone 5

I've used Spotify Premium for about a year - recently switch from iphone 4 to 5. I've installed the app twice now, then downloaded a few playlists for offline mode. Both times, couldn't get it to work with this message: "Audio playback error - Playba...

• I've used Spotify Premium for about a year - recently switch from iphone 4 to 5. I've installed the app twice now, then downloaded a few playlists for offline mode. Both times, couldn't get it to wor...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play synced songs on offline

I click on a play list that's synced offline n I'm lucky if one song even plays on the list... I have the premium on iPhone 5. All of the updates are up to date. I've tried deleting n re downloading it tried unsyncing songs n re syncing them nothing ...

• I click on a play list that's synced offline n I'm lucky if one song even plays on the list... I have the premium on iPhone 5. All of the updates are up to date. I've tried deleting n re downloading ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

error 01 with alpine car stereo

This worked fine for a week then suddenly after playing 1 track the car stereo showed error 01. I have read many many posts but no fix. Spotify say they do not deal with car head units and that is their answer. It is not a head unit issue but a spoti...

• Regular
  • This worked fine for a week then suddenly after playing 1 track the car stereo showed error 01. I have read many many posts but no fix. Spotify say they do not deal with car head units and that is th...
  • paulnw95
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why are my local files only playable in shuffle?

I can't seem to be able to play specific local files I own. I have synced them and they are appearing in my local files area on my phone but I can only listen to these tracks via shuffle, and skipping through local files is counting towards my 6 skip...

• I can't seem to be able to play specific local files I own. I have synced them and they are appearing in my local files area on my phone but I can only listen to these tracks via shuffle, and skippin...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes