Announcements

Turn off spotify connect?

Highlighted

Re: Turn off spotify connect?

Community Legend

Bluetooth has nothing to do with connect.

Highlighted

Community Legend
@JazzyWan - If that is the case then it probably needs reporting. Can you grab us a screenshot of your Connect screen showing unknown devices?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Regular
@jwylot maybe Bluetooth "shouldn't" have anything to do with connect HOWEVER my Pebble Smartwatch IS a Bluetooth device that keeps popping up in the connect screen

@Peter today I was at our family dinner where we had maybe 10 different smartphones on wifi - it tried connecting to every device on the wifi at one point or another. This is an AWFUL feature that the user should be able to control
Highlighted

Community Legend
Could you try and grab us a screenshot to report this to the dev guys?

Peter

Highlighted

Regular
@Peter sorry if this seems rude but I don't care so much about helping the Dev team - when the issue at hand is being ignored. We want to be able to DISABLE this functionality.

If we could disable it none of this would even be an issue so reporting it would be unnecessary (because is never know about any if these problems if I could just turn OFF the connect feature)

I don't want a bandaid for major surgery
Highlighted

Community Legend

@JazzyWan - Sorry just trying to help out. I understand you want the functionality to turn Spotify Connect off, but what you are reporting on top of that is a bug which most likely could be fixed. I'm not convinced your problem is actually related to Spotify Connect however, if you are seeing a bluetooth device that is most likely Airplay not Spotify Connect. 

Unfortunately the development team won't take much notice unless we either get multiple reports (but currently yours is the only one I have seen of connect devices not logged into the same account) or a screenshot of the issue. If you don't want to help out then that is fine.

Peter

Highlighted

Regular
@Peter thanks - the problem isn't AirPlay related - as it ONLY happens when I have spotify open and it ONLY comes up on the Spotify connect option

Everything about my AirPlay and Apple Devices is Working As Designed

I appreciate your attempt to help. Since I actually pay monthly for Spotify I'll be calling the billing area to deal with this; but I thought I would look for a solution here first.

While I might be the only person here so far to have all of these issues with connect. I didn't start this thread so clearly I'm not the only person having some issues with it and that HATES not having the ability to disable it

Spotify Legend

Hey @JazzyWan ,

Can you send us screenshot so we can iinvestigate what is going on?

What am I listening now? What am I listening to.

Check how Spotify is going. @SpotifyStatus

New to the Community? Just head over to Newbie Guide.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It is just terrible, connect at times connects to other devices that is not even using it is disturbing.  My cellphone actually turned on in class when my sister attempted to use on her device.  It is terrible really.

Please give the option to turn it off!

Highlighted

Community Legend

@raul4916 If you weren't breaching the Spotify terms and conditions by sharing an account, it wouldn't be an issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS