Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Turn off spotify connect?

Highlighted

Re: Turn off spotify connect?

Casual Listener

Yep, I agree. But the way technology is, there is no way to verify the same household usage or family members. I can understand they don't want one account streaming to 3 users simultaneously at different locations, especially if they had means of paying for their own account. But anyway, Not everyone is using cable so theres no way to verify the household by subnet means.... There is no single solution to fit all needs but there are many free service options also.

I use a pay account only for the offline capability while mobile. Especially out on the bike for the day, its much less expensive than satellite and no commercials. Add in a student discount at 50% and yah, im happy. anyone at home can listen while im offline or they can listen to the free version. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Connect is absolutely the worst aspect of Spotify. 

I have two devices - an old iPhone used to play music in the bathroom, etc and has it's own playlist queued up. The 2nd device is my everyday iPhone I carry everywhere. I don't want the same playlist running on both - which is what connect forces without manual intervention every single time I start or stop play on one of the device. It's a crazy implementation. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. 

Highlighted

Community Legend
If they always play the same playlists, you can force one app into offline mode which disables Connect.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Connect is annoying me too - I  want my devices to manage their respective play queues. Please enable an option to turn connect off.

Highlighted

@Peter wrote:
If they always play the same playlists, you can force one app into offline mode which disables Connect.

@Peter

Did you read what you wrote there? So, I as paying customer should fix someone's screw up (stupidity, greed, or whatever) by constyraining my usage? You cannot be serious...

1 person, 2 devices of different usecases *and* not used atthe same time. Few more answers like that and its a goodbye. [Googling Beats]

Highlighted

Music Fan

It's been many months and yet no off option.  It's just sad. 

Highlighted

Community Legend
@MarcRallu - Just trying to offer a friendly suggestion. I don't work for Spotify so frankly if you stay or leave doesn't really bother me.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Just came across the issue as well. My problem is that as soon spotify mobile connects to spotify windows the latter one starts to stutter like hell. Plus data usage and battery drain.

Anyway - my suggestion would be to contact support. And when they will not be able to help (see - when - not if) - withdraw the subscription and make it noted.

I do nto see any other way, unfortunately. Every spotify version in the last 1 year was worse than the previous.

Music Fan

How hard is it to close out of Spotify on the devices you aren't using it on?  I agree there should be an option to disable the feature but all the whining in here is rediculous.  

Spotify Connect will ONLY play from the last device it played from unless it can no longer connect to that device (then it defaults to the current device).  I can replicate that it works this way with 100% accuracy.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Because if you log off one of the devices then that device no longer can access your account and is thus useless.

Don't you get the fact that people want the ability to use two or more devices independent of each other? Is that really such a crazy request - I don't think so, in fact I'd vote it as the norm.

Either way, the complaint is that there is no option to make things more independent, and people (including me) are upset because this request has gone on for a very long time with no acknowlegment of a potential change coming.

SUGGESTED POSTS