Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Twitter Sharing Won't Work

Solved!

Twitter Sharing Won't Work

When I try to share a song, I get an error saying blah blah blah connection To twitter failed. I'm not sure why because twitter is working fine for me. What gives?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had the same problem. But found a solution.

Even though twitter app works fine, go to Settings>Twitter and click on your @username. It told me my password was uncorrect, I typed my password again and now spotify twitter sharing works.

Hope this was helpful.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Just tested it on my iPhone, seems to be working fine. Have you tried restarting your phone?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes and no it still doesn't work for some reason. I assume the twitter all does not need to be running?

Shouldn't do as long as you are logged into it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No luck it seems.
Marked as solution

Had the same problem. But found a solution.

Even though twitter app works fine, go to Settings>Twitter and click on your @username. It told me my password was uncorrect, I typed my password again and now spotify twitter sharing works.

Hope this was helpful.

Just to clarify, this works if you go into your iPhone system settings preferences and login to Twitter again!
Thanks!!!

I tried restarting my phone, and going in to the Twitter settings to see if the password was incorrect - received no prompt to re-enter password. I still get the "can't connect to network" error when trying to share a song. Any other suggestions?

To clarify, I went into my iPhone system preferences, selected Twitter, chose my account, deleted and re-entered my password. I tried to share the song again, and it still did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Well for me it didn't gave me the "insert password error" but I erased my password and type it again and Voila! Worked. Thank you for the tip!

It did nothing for me either I am not getting an error I am just getting a blank pop up screen. Its pissing me off. urrrrr

My Spotify didn’t twitter as it use to, only with a poor ugly hyperlink

Hey @111298392,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Just to confirm that there isn't an issue which we need to look into, could you describe the changes you're seeing?

If you could send us a screenshot of what you're seeing now versus what you used to see, that would be really useful.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts