Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8 & Dell Laptop

Operating System 

IOS 15.3 & Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to add Local Files to my Spotify on my iPhone so I can listen to a few songs that aren't on Spotify, but no matter how much I troubleshoot it just simply will not work! I've been able to add the Local Files onto my Spotify on my Laptop with relative ease and they will play, but on iPhone they refuse to.  Once I turned "Hide Unplayable Songs" off, they'll appear Grey'd out, with no cover art and no ability to play. I've browsed all of the tips and steps for getting it to work with no luck. I'm on the same Wi-Fi, my Spotify has been clean reinstalled on both devices, both of my device's systems are up to date, I've deleted the files and tried again fresh, I've turned off my firewall, but nothing has helped thus-far.

Help would be much appreciated.

3 Replies

Hi @logantheman007,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

The troubleshooting you've tried so far is excellent and there are other suggestions we can give you.

First, we'd like to make sure you've downloaded the playlist on your phone where the local songs are added. If not, please give it a try and let us know how this goes.

If it's still not possible, try creating an internet hotspot with your phone, then connect your PC to it and try synchronizing the files again.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply,

Tried both of your suggestions & they haven't helped either 😞

Also sorry for the late reply I got caught up lol

Hey @logantheman007,

several conditions need to be met to achieve the sync through your network. Please double-check the steps mention under the iOS section of this article.

It's really important that the files are in a supported, non-drm protected format, and that network discoverability and connection is good.

Specifically for the transfer between a Windows PC and an iOS device, the PC and your network router must support Apple's Bonjour network protocol. It might be worth checking with your router's manufacturer if that's the case.

We're afraid that if this is not the case, you won't be able to sync local files to your iPhone.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts