Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable To Play Track

Unable To Play Track

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my Spotify app on my iPhone 5. When connecting over 3G it comes up saying 'unable to play track' this happens on saved playlists and on searched songs (I currently don't have any playlists saved offline). It's not a 3G issue as I am able to tweet, fb, watch youtube etc. without any problems.

When I'm connected to WiFi the app works fine and plays music no problems.

This morning it briefly flashed up with error no '126' which (according to the internet) suggests there maybe a problem connecting to the servers.

I have tried unistalling and re-installing the app switching off all settings and turning them all back on again and still no fix.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? If not Spotify support staff can you help at all?

8 Replies

That is weird, wondering is your Spotify app struggling to get enough bandwidth to stream. What kind of speed do you get over your 3G connection? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have exactly the same problem running Spotify over 4G. The bandwidth is fine as I can watch films etc over 4G but Spotify more often than not errors with the message " Unable To Play Track". All help welcome!

Spotify is unusable for me over 3g as well. I'm on an Iphone 4s and updated to the latest version of the app. I'm able to use other streaming apps (stitcher, pandora, etc) without any problems over 3g. (AT&T). But with spotify, I can't even play a single song completely - it cuts out every 10 seconds or so. I started noticing this about a few days ago. 

Would you all be able to confirm which mobile networks you are connecting via and the connection speed 2G/3G/4G? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm with EE on 4G

I think I fixed the issue. Music quality was set to Extreme, I just changed it back to Normal. Its been working fine for now. I'll post if I encounter the problem again. 

I'm on AT&T 3G.

Thanks! 

I'm on EE 3G

Speaking with a tech support team via e-mail and they gave me a test account to use to see if it was connection etc. Worked perfectly fine and still is so it doesn't appear to be connection.

I have my music quality setting set to normal (i've never changed it to be honest)

Right now it's with them to look into. I will update you when I get an answer.

Same with me but my internet connection is fine,

When I play song it plays for 2 secs than stops and says unable to play song😡😧
Plz could someone answer and try and solve my problem it's been like this for 1 month and I'm a music lover

Thx bye,

Suggested posts