Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Up Next Queue - iPhone

Solved!

Up Next Queue - iPhone

How do I clear the queue on my iphone app? My desktop version says the queue is empty, however, everytime I play a playlist it plays one song and then jumps to a different playlist. My guess is, that is because I have lots in my queue. Please help me clear it - it is super frustrating!

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!
If you're looking to clear your up next queue, here's what you've got to do.
1. Go to currently playing music.
2. Tap the up next icon in the top right.
3. Select the music you want to remove the from the queue.
4. Tap Remove

Here's a gif of this process:

via GIPHY

Alternatively (if you've got a BUNCH of songs in your up next queue), you can also find the last song queued up, play it, and then it removes all songs queued up before it. *see attached image*

Presto! I hope that removes anything you may have in your queue. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Instagram | Last.fm |

Check out some of Spotify Playlists, and share yours with me!

View solution in original post

From Skitch.jpg
6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!
If you're looking to clear your up next queue, here's what you've got to do.
1. Go to currently playing music.
2. Tap the up next icon in the top right.
3. Select the music you want to remove the from the queue.
4. Tap Remove

Here's a gif of this process:

via GIPHY

Alternatively (if you've got a BUNCH of songs in your up next queue), you can also find the last song queued up, play it, and then it removes all songs queued up before it. *see attached image*

Presto! I hope that removes anything you may have in your queue. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Instagram | Last.fm |

Check out some of Spotify Playlists, and share yours with me!

From Skitch.jpg

Thank you for your prompt and comprehensive response. Much appreciated!

I don't understand this.  Is this functionality flaky and unreliable?  I've been looking for it for weeks and that icon simply wasn't on the screen. 

I had the gif above on my iMac and my phone in my hand just now and it wasn't there. Suddenly now it is.  

This does work but it seems a bit convoluted. I was hoping press and hold on the next song in the queue or even the last song in the queue before which you want everything cleared might bring up an option to clear the queue. Will try to remember to play last song in queue I want to clear before but it is a bit confusing.

You need to make sure you haven’t begun playing songs from either daily mix or radio, unfortunately; otherwise the queue button won’t appear.

I think I’d worked that out. Very annoying that you can’t add songs to the queue in Daily Mix

Suggested posts