Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Up next mode

Solved!

Up next mode

I recently created a playlist. Now every time I play a song from anywhere on my library there is a random song that comes on after from a up next file that I don't know where this even came from. How do I disable this mode? There's also a little icon in the top right that says 99+.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Solarguy you can remove songs from your queue, following these instructions:

https://support.spotify.com/au/using_spotify/search_play/play-queue/

if that doesn't resolve your issue, i would suggest you perform a clean reinstall of spotify following the steps here.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

@Solarguy you can remove songs from your queue, following these instructions:

https://support.spotify.com/au/using_spotify/search_play/play-queue/

if that doesn't resolve your issue, i would suggest you perform a clean reinstall of spotify following the steps here.

@Solarguy, Today, suddenly a new similar issue:  iPhone 6, ios 10.2.1, 17 GB available, Spotify Premium.  WiFi on or off.  When playing any song from any playlist whether streaming (eg, Discover Weekly) or playing a previously downloaded playlist, once the song ends, the next song played is not from that playlist, but from this mysterious "Up Next", which seems to contain hundreds of my previously saved songs, although I never was even aware of its existence.

Not answered in the "solution" post:  In song view, what is the new 99+ symbol in the upper right corner?  Does it mean I have reached the 3,333 limit for downloaded songs on this device?  Has that triggered the "Up Next" issue?  I'm definitely under 10,000 for three devices, but need to add up the saved tracks on iphone.

I'm hoping to avoid deleting and reinstalling the app, as I would rather not want to have to re-save my many playlists.

Hi guys. Same problem.Also the icon that says "99+"

Very annoying.

I don't feel inclined to perform a clean reinstall of Spotify for obvious reasons.
Has anyome so;ved the problem?

@ljs465 Often this kind of error is a cache error. Two steps you can try before reinstalling would be to log out of all devices here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Then you should try to restart all devices.

If that doesn't work, and you decide to try re-installing the app, please restart after you uninstall as iOS can have issues with cache data otherwise.

Let me know how you go ^_^

Thanks Top Star.

I reinstalled all devices.

This highlighted some duplication and other **bleep** which I cleaned up.

But alas, still the reversion to random songs, at the end of my selected song from an album, which are not on my playlist!!!!

**bleep**!!!!

It looks like I may have to go for a complete reinstall.

Still procrastinating.

It will be a big job which I am not looking forward to.

@ljs465 I'm glad that showed up some errors! Before you reinstall, try toggling the 'Autoplay similar songs' setting in your Settings to see if there is a cache error there.

Hope that helps ^_^

Premium user. I had this issue last year (iPhone 6, then current iOS). Tested my hypothesis that it was because I had exceeded the 3k song download limit. I undid download on enough songs and/or playlists to bring my total well under 3k. Problem resolved. Sorry, don't recall if I deleted app and reinstalled, but have done in past with no issues. 

Suggested posts