Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update issues

Update issues

My Spotify seems to not have updated to the new, fresh layout most of my friends have been able to use.

I’m concerned that my Spotify won’t update into that layout - I use an IPhone XR - as well as the fact the three dots that allow me to edit and privatise my playlists are no longer in the top right corner.

Is there a way to fix this? Could someone help out?

7 Replies

Hey @Cavfishy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First of all, it'd be great to see if your Spotify will update either automatically or manually on your iPhone XR. Take a look at this support site article to know more about how to do this. It'd also be good to double-check your iOS is up-to-date before updating Spotify.

If both iOS and the Spotify app are updated on your phone, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what one of your private playlists looks like when you open them? It'll help us confirm whether or not you've got the new layout.

If you successfully updated both your phone's operating system and the app but still can't see the new layout, it'll be good to go ahead and try some troubleshooting. 

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

I have checked and made sure my Spotify and IPhone is up to date, yet I am still having issues.

Below is screenshot of a private playlist of mine.

DE0C96FB-E135-43A1-8FA1-A787BC333DB2.png

Hoping we can find a solution soon. 

Thank you.

Hey @Cavfishy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

At this point, it'd be good to try forcing your account to sync with the expected changes. To do so, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

• Restart the Spotify app. 

• Log out and back in. 

• Reinstall the app.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

• If possible, try a different internet connection.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario,

I have followed each and every step you asked multiple times and it did not work.

I am still stuck with the same layout and the edit button is missing.

Thank you for your assistance,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hey @Cavfishy,

Thanks for your updates and sorry to hear you're still experiencing what you reported even after trying the suggested steps. 

Would you now mind checking this Spotify answer and following all the steps under iPhone? Although you already tried reinstalling the app, this procedure should be more thorough and provide you with the latest available version of Spotify while deleting any traces of the app on your phone as it is now. 

Keep us posted. We'll look out for your reply and be available for any more help you might need with this as well as anything else!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario,

I’ve read the instructions under the link you sent me and followed them. I went through it step by step.

Unfortunately, nothing had changed. It is still the old layout and there is still no editing button.

Thank you for the help so far.

Hey @Cavfishy,

Thanks for your latest update. 

We double-checked and can confirm that the new interface is currently in the process of being fully released as tests are constantly run in order to improve the Spotify experience. If you'd like to know more about this, here you'll find more info.

In the meantime, It'd be great to keep checking both your app and iOS are up-to-date so you won't miss the new features by the time they're available. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts