Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify on an iPad 1

Using Spotify on an iPad 1

Hi there, my wife and I are considering upgrading to Spotify Premium, as we have started using (and enjoying!) it more and more the last few weeks. However, we want to use it via our Blutooth speakers and we don't really want to use our phones or our iPad Air to drive it, as they may be being used for other things or not available all the time. Great, I thought, We have that old iPad 1 in the draw - that would be perfect as a dedicated Spoify device, yes? No. 

The iPad is iOS 5.1.1. It installs an older version of Spotify, which is fine, if it worked. But it doesn't. I get a log in page and it accepts my username and password, but then I get a "Connect to Facebook" window that sits forever with a "loading" icon and not option to skip. If I cancel it just goes back to the login.

I appreciate the iPad 1 is old and the version of Spoitify that gets downloaded is probably no longer supported, but if I can't get around this, we are going to have to look elsewhere for our music streaming.

Does anyone know of a fix or a way around this? TIA

2 Replies

Hello & welcome to the Community!

I'm afraid that since the iOS 5 isn't no longer supported, there's no way to fix this issue.

Newer versions might have fixed that issue.

Maybe not the solution, but have you tried reinstalling the app.

There are sometimes bugs that make trouble while logging in.

The best reinstallation possible is achieved by following these steps:

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the X symbol on the icon.
  3. Hold the Home and Power buttons down together until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify app.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Yeah, have tried reinstalling/rebooting the iPad a couple of times, to no avail 😞 Such a shame, as it would have been perfect.

Suggested posts