Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using free radio - able to select extreme stream

Using free radio - able to select extreme stream

Hello all,

I had a basic question, I have the free radio subscription and I am able to select extreme sound quality and it stays that way.  I thought you had to have a premium membership to get that?

Are you able to use the 320 extreme now with the free version or is it just telling me that's what I am getting?

Is there a way to check the actual bit rate?

Thanks, I am using a Iphone 5 and sprint LTE network.

7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

On a free subscription, you can select the extreme quality but it will still play in normal quality whatever you select; so in reality it won't be playing at 320kbps sorry 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

ok, that's kinda what I figured,I am thinking about upgrading as I really dig the service.  I have unlimtied data on sprint and their new LTE network has sweet download speeds so I think I will be able to stream the extreme quality.

I usuallyy get at least 8 megabits down and sometimes way higher, is that enough to stream the extreme without and drop outs?

at home i have 50 down 10 up over wifi so I can't imacgine that would be a problem 🙂

Hi,

Yes that should be plenty, 4G LTE can do most things like broadband (that's faster than some users with slow broadband!) so you should be fine 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

on another note, how do you get a real avatar pic?  I only see the default ones?

cool, ya the chicagoland market new LTE network has smokin' speeds, really nice.

ok, I signed up, anything I have to do or change to get the higher sound quality?

You need to adjust the quality settings in the settings menu of your Spotify application. "Extreme" is 320kbps (the max) 😉 

Community avatars are a ranks based achievement, as outlined in this topic

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts