Premium

Country

England

Device

iphone 8

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

My Question or Issue

When I plug in headphones that have a mic on them to my device, Spotify voice control does various things without being asked too. It will stop songs, skip songs, skip ahead several seconds in songs and skip back, it will close Spotify, Spotify songs start playing even when Spotify is completely closed down and not active, and more. Most of these are in quick succession after each other.

i have never accepted for Spotify to use a microphone and when I have followed advice on the community to go in and switch it off in privacy, and microphone Spotify does not appear! It is very frustrating as my headphones have a microphone on them and Spotify has a mind of its own it is very difficult to listen to any music! How do I get rid of the voice control listening?

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts