Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume control problem

Solved!

Volume control problem

Hi,

I have Iphone 4s with 0.9.4.25 Spotify version, and Ipad 2 with same version of Spotify. I have free Premium account trial for 30 days, and I will continue to buy it. But there is one issue. When I am playing music from my iPad I see my iPad on my iPhone, so I can switch from one to another, but I can not control iPad volume through iPhone and iPhone volume through iPad. But I see both devices, in remote control menu. I can do everything else: switch through songs, add to play lists, etc. except volume control 😞 When I select my iPad through my iPhone there is no volume control slider...

1959428_756884364323561_165613805_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's not possible to control the volume of another mobile device. I think it's down to OS restrictions. You can only control the volume of a hardware partner device.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Unfortunately @Joe is right, and I think he hit the reason head on too. Since Spotify is controlled by the OS volume, I can't imagine Apple would let you control it remotely (although I could be wrong!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

It's not possible to control the volume of another mobile device. I think it's down to OS restrictions. You can only control the volume of a hardware partner device.

Marked as solution

Unfortunately @Joe is right, and I think he hit the reason head on too. Since Spotify is controlled by the OS volume, I can't imagine Apple would let you control it remotely (although I could be wrong!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts