Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume decrease at start of songs

Solved!

Volume decrease at start of songs

On my iPhone 5 (ios7) I notice on some tracks I get an initial high volume level and then after half a second to a second the volume drops .

I'm not sure if this is an iOS general thing or just 7, but its very annoying.

Anyone heard this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For android just turn off the equalizer in Spotify's settings menu

View solution in original post

17 Replies

are these Local files or from Spotify itself?

I have the same issue. This is not from local files.

@MatScratchFever wrote:

I have the same issue. This is not from local files.

On what device @MatScratchFever ?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

iPhone 4S, ios 7

Is crossfade active in Settings > Playback? 

Peter

Peter

No crossfade

I have the same issue.  Volume drops after a second or two of playing.  iOS 7.  It's definately a LOCAL file thing.  I played an entire album where half of the songs were local and the other half werent, and the volume changed at the beginning of all the local songs, and none of the streaming songs. But it's not every local file.  I found several local files that the sound is good on.  There is no pattern to those local files that work or don't work, they vary as far as bit rate, vbr vs. cbr, codec, etc.  I looked at 15 files that were working and 15 that weren't.  I also tried unchecking the "set the same volume.. " option on my computer and re-synced everything to my phone.  

Any help woud be appreciated.  This is really frustrating and creates a really bad experience.  Over half of my songs are local so this is a big problem for me. 

I'm having the same problem with my Android device. Just started a few days ago. Every single song on my device starts out at a high volume them immediately drops a second after it begins. No crossfade either and not sure if they're local files or not, but I listen to the same play list for the most part, and that's never been a problem before.

@Claymore06 - Do you have any EQs or audio effects turned on?

Peter

I just fixed this for mine, turn off 'Sound Check' in the native iPhone Settings > Music

^ This solution worked for me. Thank you soooo much pyschrophile!

Thank you soooo much! 😄

Marked as solution

For android just turn off the equalizer in Spotify's settings menu

I have this problem and all the iOS settings are off, no equalisation or limiting.

This is so frustrating. .as in my car the Bass is too high so have to turn volume down

Thankyouu

I have this exact same issue on Android and while i understand that turning equalizer off will solve it, i don't want to because i'd like to keep my sound effects, isn't there another solution?

Thanks.

Suggested posts