Premium

Country

NL 

Device

iPhone X & XS

Operating System

iOS 11&12

My Question or Issue

Since a few months (updte of Spotify app) I have following terrible issue.

When I am playing Spotify via Connect on my Yamaha receiver at normal volume and then walk out the door to my car and start the car, the bluetooth connection is setup and tries to take over the music to play in the car (instead of on the Yamaha). But 9 out of 10 cases there is no music in the car... instead the music is at home on the Yamaha at MAXIMUM volume (as in the car the iPhone is normally playing at maximum volume via bluetooth and the audio system will actually determine volume). The Spotify app thnks it is playing in the car but actually has connection to the Yamaha connect.

This is really terrible as my speakers at home will break if I do not stop this soon or notice this!

Please fix this issue as the volume must set remembered per output device and not play if the connection is not really there.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you already tried a reinstallation? You can read here how to do this.

If that doesn't help, could you let us know if you can reproduce the issue with a device and account from a friend or family member? We'd like to find out if this is a device or account issue.

Hope the reinstallation is the answer. Let us know if you have further question.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you already tried a reinstallation? You can read here how to do this.

If that doesn't help, could you let us know if you can reproduce the issue with a device and account from a friend or family member? We'd like to find out if this is a device or account issue.

Hope the reinstallation is the answer. Let us know if you have further question.

Have a nice day.

Hello!

It seems to have solved the issue!

Thanks.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Glad to hear that everything is working as it should once more 🙂

Happy Spotifying!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts