Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY does repeat button never work?

Solved!

WHY does repeat button never work?

hi, use spotify, have done for a long time, repeat button is always a problem, it somtimes used to work on pc, but hardly ever on mac, and never on iphone. 

i just want to repeat a song. 

why does it not work in a solid reliable fashion? 

thankyou

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I thought the repeat function only ever worked to repeat a playlist. If you want to repeat a song, the only way to do this is to put it into a playlist of it's own. There's an idea to change this behaviour here.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

i found out that the repeat button repeats the playlist then there is a another repeat option with the 1 next to it, that repeats the one the song. (on PS4 this is)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

I thought the repeat function only ever worked to repeat a playlist. If you want to repeat a song, the only way to do this is to put it into a playlist of it's own. There's an idea to change this behaviour here.

@Joe is right here - the repeat function on all Spotify clients will loop a playlist on repeat (so the playlist never ends), there is no repeat function for single tracks currently. Although as linked to above, it is one of the most requested features. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I keep telling Spotify that new users think Spotify is broken upon sign up but they won't listen to me and add a repeat track mode.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Feel very fortunate that I can see the problem solved here. I recently also got many problems on the repeat button from a UI button control. Thans for the fine answer. Cheers.

My repeat button had three positions up until yesterday: 

1. blank
  2. green
  3. green with a number 1 (this repeated the song)

Now, I only have positions 1 and 2.  So something is weird.  I can still repeat individual songs on my mobile app.  I'm pretty sure what I am saying is accurate.

Frank

Almoat 4 years since this issue was brought up and still Spotify hasn't enabled the ability to repeat a single song without it being in a playlist of its own. WHY SPOTIFY!?! WHY!?! This is a serious epic U/X fail on your part. Get it together already. #EpicFail

I also have found this problem. The repeat button turns green yet continues down the playlist. However I only have this problem with the webplayer.

I found that when you play a song then put the repeat button on a loop, it works. (I have a mac)

Marked as solution

i found out that the repeat button repeats the playlist then there is a another repeat option with the 1 next to it, that repeats the one the song. (on PS4 this is)

THIS!

Awful usability, I would have never guessed.

That’s wrong because it just plays another song😡

Suggested posts