Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I keep getting Error: 408

Why do I keep getting Error: 408

It's been several days since I cannot log in my Spotify account in both my iPod Touch and iPhone 4S. Please Help Me.

Please note:

• I am logging in using Facebook

• I have Facebook installed in each of my devices

• I am not using a firewall. The ISP has not set a firewall

• I have a Premium account and am accessing my account from Venezuela (I signed up months ago while being in the US)

• Get the same error (408) when trying to log either using wifi or 3G (iPhone)

It's been some months since It's been a pain for me to log in. First, it would log in but Offline all the time, and now this.

spotify_408.jpg

Again, please Help Me. I'm paying monthly for this service.

9 Replies

Hi dvz1978- Error 408 has to do with logging in from abroad, so the fact that you're in Venezuela is key here. 

What's happened is your last Premium payment didn't go through successfully. Your account is now on Free so you won't be able to log in until you return to the US and upgrade again. 

If you have any other payments queries, please get in touch via our contact form. Our payments team can help from there. 

So I created my account in the uk and now I'm in Australia were I live.how can I get on to spotify again whilst in Australia Darwin NT ?

You can change your country settings on the profile page on our website. Just scoll up, click on your name in the top right hand corner and select "Edit Profile".
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi. I also keep getting error 408 and i have note moved. I have always been i norway, but yesterday i just changed over from my iphone 4 to a iphone 5, and copied all my apps from the old one to the new one. all the other apps are ok, but not spotify. It is working on my mac but not on my iphone. 

@MariKarlsnes wrote:

Hi. I also keep getting error 408 and i have note moved. I have always been i norway, but yesterday i just changed over from my iphone 4 to a iphone 5, and copied all my apps from the old one to the new one. all the other apps are ok, but not spotify. It is working on my mac but not on my iphone. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you sure you are logging into your premium account on your new iPhone, you will only get Error 408 when you are accessing a free account from abroad for more than 14 days. Have a look on your online overview and make sure your subscription is still active. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Tried that a couple of times, doesn't work. Even though I clicked save changes, it doesn't update the location and I keep getting the error 408.

Are you getting any errors on the page when you click to save the changes?

Peter

It says changes saved...

Weird, is it possible to try a different browser? 

Peter

Suggested posts