Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Solved!

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Canada 

Device iPhone 7 latest IOS 

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue
Im trying to watch JRE podcast and  only the audio format is available. 
There should be Video format available also right? If so, where/how to play video? Are videos for Rogan’s podcast not available yet for us in Canada? What’s the deal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ValHalla777,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Video should be available for the JRE episodes on desktop and mobile, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Writing to quickly confirm that videos are not available everywhere at the moment.

This might also mean they aren't in places where Spotify recently launched.

In the meantime, if you'd like to contribute to some Ideas requesting this type of feature, it'd be great for you to add your +VOTE and subscribe to the following ones:

After subscribing, you'll be notified about all the related updates.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator

View solution in original post

48 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @ValHalla777,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Video should be available for the JRE episodes on desktop and mobile, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator

There are no video options on the Spotify Firestick app, how to I enable video for JRE???

Hi there @bposner,

Welcome to the Community. We're happy to shed some light on this.

Right now, video isn't supported on the FireStick app, but we’re always working to improve the podcast experience on Spotify. We recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea, to show your support. You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Just as a heads-up, we're also currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs, so stay tuned for more updates in our Spotify Newsroom

We hope you'll find this info useful. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@bposner

Spotify in their greatest moment of brilliance decided not to add this functionality.

You can not view video on the Spotify Apple TVOS app as well. 

But you can download the podcast via a third party and bypass Spotify completely.

I would suggest this method while Spotify realizes the mistake they have made. 

Hi, 

I have signed up to free version of spotify and downloaded the app onto my PC but no option to watch video the same goes for my apple TV. Downloaded app signed in yet no option for video?

Hi there @devilliersluc,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Currently Podcast video is not available on the TV app, but you should be able to view it from the Desktop app on your computer.

If that doesn't work for you we'd suggest running a clean reinstall of the app.

In case that doesn't change anything, send us a screenshot of how it looks from your side when you're playing an episode.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Are you saying Spotify has no intention of making video available via FireTv? You’re not planning on fixing this so fans can watch JRE on their TV’s the way they have done for years when it was on YouTube? 

I have the same problem. Tried the full reset. Still doesn’t work??? pleas help!!!

I am in the UK have an iPhone 6s. Nothing I do will get the video to work???

all I see is the podcast and a picture. No play option?
I’m not surprised this forum is the worst too. Nothing works?  I can’t ask my own question. This is the fifth time I have tried to answer this thread. Nothing works. So gutted JRE has moved fro. YouTube to your rubbish. Have you spent all your money on his wages and not investing in content that works??? 

Well I've gave up on JRE without the video  It's just another podcast if you can't see the reactions of the guests and Joe, and we don't get see glimpses of Jamie either 😉 seriously, without the Fire stick video, not worth the effort.  Thanks

Hey there folks,

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

@Ironbars - can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi

Done a full reset as per instructions on this forum. Deleted cache then on phone then deleted app reinstalled. Even tried logging out then deleting and reinstalling. Nothing. I only have my phone at the moment. It is an iPhone 6s fully updated. Don’t have anything else to try it on except a fire stick but I understand that it’s not available on there. 
hope you can help. Really missing my fix of JRE 

Hey again @Ironbars,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's on your device to see if the issue persist?

Also - if you use a VPN - can you disable it?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Ok it just seems to work now. Thx so much for your help. I found a new iOS update 14.3 installed and boom it’s all good 🎉🎉🎉

Hey @Ironbars,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We're really glad to hear that everything works for you again 🙂

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

@Jeremey

Hey Jeremy,

Why don't you address this for the entire community?

Your company Spotify signed JRE (Joe Rogan) to an exclusive deal and he started to only publish to your platform on 12/1/2020.

What Spotify failed to realize is that your platform does NOT support video on TV applications. The JRE podcast has been available in video format on all TV platforms for over 8 YEARS!

So I hope you and your company understands what you have done. You took one of the most popular podcast in world and disabled the video portion of that podcast for almost every person watching it on a TV. 

How many people watch a 3 hour podcast on their mobile device? OR How many people do you think watch a 3 podcast on a TV? This is not rocket science. Your company F****** up!  

I have since taken this complete thread and issue across the entire community and have referred it to many media outlets that are currently researching it. We are also using this as a prime example for all of the development teams out there on how to NOT to roll out an exclusive podcast.

Do you think this would have happen on the Apple platform or Google or Amazon or Netflix? Simple answer.... No

@Jeremey, I would suggest addressing this issue and don’t write a canned response that your users will see right through.

For all Spotify users reading this... 

You can download that entire podcast with Video from third parties. This will bypass Spotify and you can play it on all major platforms. (Not as easy as the YouTube app was though)

Also you can use a laptop and screen mirror and connect it via HDMI to your TV. (not the cleanest solution but it works)

Lastly, I urge all users not happy with this rollout to contact the JRE staff directly at-

https://www.joerogan.com/contact

Or under the comments on Twitter (Joe says he doesn't read them, but I am sure someone in his orbit will)

I truly hope Spotify and Joe Rogan learn from this and don’t take their user base for granted.  

Preach, was a near every episode viewer and haven’t been able to view a single episode since the switch. Roku, AppleTV, Samsung Smart TV, none of the apps work. Such a joke...

I’m still having the same issue on my brand new iPhone 12 Pro Max. Have deleted logged out everything. Same with my iPad mini 5. Everything is updated and ready. But still nothing but a single trailer video at the top under the header. Please help. Y’all stole him from YouTube and watching his podcasts was one of my favorites to relax and laugh and learn from. So please make this work ASAP. 

I just installed both the desktop app and the Android app for the very first time so there's no "old files" that are interfering with the functioning of either that a clean install would fix. For that matter, the Android device is only days old.  They're both running the current version of the app.  Still, there's no video option on either.  And both of those I only downloaded because I discovered that the Roku app I just installed for the first time isn't even supposed to actually work by design according to your responses here and by other Spotify staff on other threads and across social media.

Spotify paid $100 million for a show that gets millions of views on YouTube for each episode and didn't think maybe having the video option readily available would be a good idea? And the poster above is right, a TON of those people aren't sitting for 3 hour stretches staring at phones or laptops.  It's beyond ridiculous to not have had the TV apps updated months ago. Spotify couldn't have possibly **bleep** this up more, and your responses in this thread are less than helpful.  No idea why anyone would ever pay for this service.

I second every single bit of this. This is way beyond incompetence.

Any suggestions for third party apps?

Suggested posts