Announcements

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Visitor

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Canada 

Device iPhone 7 latest IOS 

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue
Im trying to watch JRE podcast and  only the audio format is available. 
There should be Video format available also right? If so, where/how to play video? Are videos for Rogan’s podcast not available yet for us in Canada? What’s the deal?

40 Replies

Re: Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Hey there @ValHalla777,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Video should be available for the JRE episodes on desktop and mobile, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Casual Listener

There are no video options on the Spotify Firestick app, how to I enable video for JRE???

Hi there @bposner,

Welcome to the Community. We're happy to shed some light on this.

Right now, video isn't supported on the FireStick app, but we’re always working to improve the podcast experience on Spotify. We recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea, to show your support. You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Just as a heads-up, we're also currently in the process of launching podcast video playback on the big screen via Chromecast as well as some Android TVs, so stay tuned for more updates in our Spotify Newsroom

We hope you'll find this info useful. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

Music Fan

@bposner

Spotify in their greatest moment of brilliance decided not to add this functionality.

You can not view video on the Spotify Apple TVOS app as well. 

But you can download the podcast via a third party and bypass Spotify completely.

I would suggest this method while Spotify realizes the mistake they have made. 

Visitor

Hi, 

I have signed up to free version of spotify and downloaded the app onto my PC but no option to watch video the same goes for my apple TV. Downloaded app signed in yet no option for video?

Hi there @devilliersluc,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Currently Podcast video is not available on the TV app, but you should be able to view it from the Desktop app on your computer.

If that doesn't work for you we'd suggest running a clean reinstall of the app.

In case that doesn't change anything, send us a screenshot of how it looks from your side when you're playing an episode.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Are you saying Spotify has no intention of making video available via FireTv? You’re not planning on fixing this so fans can watch JRE on their TV’s the way they have done for years when it was on YouTube? 

Casual Listener

I have the same problem. Tried the full reset. Still doesn’t work??? pleas help!!!

I am in the UK have an iPhone 6s. Nothing I do will get the video to work???

all I see is the podcast and a picture. No play option?
I’m not surprised this forum is the worst too. Nothing works?  I can’t ask my own question. This is the fifth time I have tried to answer this thread. Nothing works. So gutted JRE has moved fro. YouTube to your rubbish. Have you spent all your money on his wages and not investing in content that works??? 

Casual Listener

Well I've gave up on JRE without the video  It's just another podcast if you can't see the reactions of the guests and Joe, and we don't get see glimpses of Jamie either 😉 seriously, without the Fire stick video, not worth the effort.  Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS