Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is it I don't receive any notifications for new releases? App or mail.

Why is it I don't receive any notifications for new releases? App or mail.

Notifications are enabled. I do so for new releases etc, in the Spotify bell menu, but no notifications or emails about new releases.
16 Replies

Hey @Afterlife_GR,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Just to confirm, you are receiving notifications for new releases in the Bell menu but you're not receiving e-mails from Spotify about this?

If that's the case, you might have unsubscribed from mails in the past and that might be the reason for this. Could you please let us know if you're receiving e-mails when there is new activity on your account? 

We'd also suggest that you log in on your account page > go to Notification Settings and double check if there is a little check markLyubka_1-1677066028430.pngon E-mail in every type of notification. 

More info about managing notifications can be found in this support article.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, 

I don't receive any notifications, email or app.

I see that new releases are out in the bell menu, but I don't get notified.

Yes, I received emails that concern account activity. 

IMG_2322.PNG

Hey @Afterlife_GR,

Thanks for getting back to us.

This indeed sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

We'd recommend that you check if you've allowed your Spotify app to send you notifications. Go to your device's Settings and find Spotify. Look for a "notifications" setting and make sure it's toggled on.

If you still don't get notified, could you please send us a screenshot of your Notifications page ? This way we can get a clear idea of how things look on your end. It'd also be great if you could tell us the exact Spotify version that you're running?

Keep us posted.

LyubkaModerator

Yes, of course. Please find the screenshots below.
Thanks once again for the support.

spot2.PNG
spot1.PNG

Hey @Afterlife_GR,

Thanks for providing the screenshots. 

Everything look as it's supposed to on your device's notifications settings, however, we'd like you to see if all types of notifications are turned on. As we mentioned, this can be seen on your account page. Apologies for any confusion created on our end.

Head to my first reply and click on the link that'll lead you to this page. Make sure you're using your browser when you're trying to make modifications on your account. 

Let me show you how this is supposed to look. Keep in mind that this screenshot is only for testing purposes and these are my own preferences. Yours need to have a little check mark under "Email" and "Push" on the sections that you'd like to be notified of. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

No problem, here you go 🙂

Thanks 

2023-03-02_15-08-27.jpg

Hello, 

I noticed one of my friend's Spotify he gets notifications for new releases, but he also gets a blue dot on the bell, when there are new releases. I don't get the blue dot.

Hey @Afterlife_GR,

Thank you for keeping in touch with us!

In this case, we'd recommend that you log out and log back in two times in a row on your device. Sometimes, logging out of your Spotify account and logging back in can help refresh the app and display the most recent updates. This may sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device.

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Not to worry, performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this. This'll make sure you that any outdated files are removed. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Note: Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

I have done all those steps before, I can do it once more though.

A new release was out, got the blue dot on the bell, but no email or notification about it.

Hey @Afterlife_GR,

Thanks for the update. 

We're glad to hear that you're getting notified via the bell menu 🙂 

By saying that you're still not getting e-mails, you got us thinking that they might go straight to your Spam/ Junk inboxes. We'd suggest that you check the e-mail associated with your Spotify account and especially those folders. It's possible that they got filtered. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions about this.

LyubkaModerator

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I got the blue dot but not push notification.

I have checked my spam and blocked email addresses but no spotify there, saying that I do get account activity emails from spotify.

Hi again @Afterlife_GR,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the clarification!

Hmm, this is quite odd and seems like it may be isolated to your email account. We'll pass this on to the relevant teams, however, we can't tell for sure when or if it'll be fixed.

Maybe you could try changing your account's email address, preferably to one with a different email provider, to see if that does the trick.

You can also try reaching out to Apple support to make sure that all settings have been set up correctly.

If there's anything else you need, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue, no emails

bumping this post - same issue. reinstalled and same issues as mentioned above 

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Google Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 14.

My Question or Issue

Im getting no notifications about new podcast episodes. Every conceivable option to get notifications whether through the app or in my phone settings is enabled. No matter what I do I cannot get notifications now. 

• I've ensures notifications are enabled on the app and my phone settings.
  • I've chosen push and email, neither work.
  • I've given ALL permissions to Spotify.
  • I've allowed unrestricted data and battery use.
  • I've uninstalled and re-downloaded multiple times.
  • I've logged out twice in a row and back in again.
  • I've unfollowed and followed podcasts again.
  • I have two other podcast apps that have notified me about new episodes in the last 24 hours. This must be a Spotify issue.
  1. Any suggestions? It seems the issues with Spotify are a weekly thing now.

Suggested posts