Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth shuffle changes

Bluetooth shuffle changes

When I connect to a Bluetooth device it reshuffles my playlist. Anything added to a queue outside the playlist remains but the rest will shuffle and sometimes it plays a different song to what it was on prior to connecting to device. I’ve tried removing device and reconnecting and uninstalling app but it still changes the song order and sometimes the song. It is not on all devices (eg doesn’t happen on my AirPods)
21 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

To start investigating, we'll need some details, such as:

• Does this happen with multiple playlists or only specific one(s)?
  • What is the Bluetooth device you've used and does the issue persist only on this specific one?
  • Have you noticed what exactly caused the issue?
  • Is the Shuffle function disabled on your device and is it a mobile phone that you're using?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It’s with all my playlists, albums etc and with any speaker device. (Not headphones or car) If I noticed and knew what caused the issue I wouldn’t be seeking assistance.

It’s an iPhone but has happened on my Mac as well and shuffle is enabled but the point is it reshuffles when connecting to a speaker. So if I set up a queue and songs to listen to it will shuffle the playlist when connected to the device and often change what song was playing. This song will start from half way through.

i have a similar issue, except with my car. I made a post about it, and the only thing i've been told is to create a new account... However the issue still happens with test accounts too lol.

CarPlay shuffles my playlists' queue when I connec... - The Spotify Community

That is the link to my issue, which is been unresolved lol. 

I am listening to an audiobook, and after i connect it with my car, it completely rearranges my audiobook so that way the chapters aren't in order. It doesn't affect music playlists that aren't in shuffle, oddly enough. Only playlists that I have in shuffle mode and audiobooks. It's really annoying. lol

Hi there @Emily173,

Thanks for your reply and for the info provided.

First, let's check if this account-related. Try using a different account to connect to the speaker and check if you can replicate the behavior. If you don't have another account, you could ask a relative or friend to log in with their account on your device and try it. 

Additionally, do you maybe have another Bluetooth speaker to check? If so, check if the queue also changes when connecting to it.

@AudenD, thanks for the info. If you tried creating a new account and the behavior is also present there, go to the thread you originally posted and let us know there. That way we can have all the info in the same thread and continue.

Keep us posted!

Susan_GPModerator

I don’t have access to another account as none of my household use Spotify (honestly reading to follow suit) but I don’t think that matters as I know I'm not the only user with this issue. It seems to only happen with speaker devices (not car or headphones). Not limited to one speaker as we have a few different ones around the house and it happens to all of them. Haven’t found any sort of trend or pattern but have heard they are possibly picking up from the last time Spotify connected to this particular device. If this is the case I need to know how to stop this as I often change from car, to headphones to speakers. 

Hey @Emily173,

Thanks for the reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. We understand where you're coming from and, in order to narrow down the behavior described, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the speakers in which you notice this is happening? Since you mentioned there are a couple of ones in your house, it'd be awesome if you could send us more info about them.

On another note, we understand it can't be difficult to video record this since you didn't notice any pattern, but it'd be great if you sent us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can watch it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The main speaker in question is a Qudo F100. It also happens on my Google Nest Speakers and occasionally my MGZS car. I’ve screen recorded before and after connecting to speaker. You can see the queued songs remain but the playlist shuffles. I’ve also had it where the song playing changes as well. It will play from half way through too, as if it has a memory. 

I must say, this has been a very slow solution, of which I have still not received.  Honestly at this stage it would be faster to cancel my Spotify subscription and join another music service than to wait for an answer here. 

We really appreciate the cooperation @Emily173 and thanks for the video!

Let's try some troubleshooting steps one after another to see if those'll make any difference with the app's behavior. 

To start, you can unpair the devices with the steps under 'Not working?' in this article and then give Spotify a clean reinstall by taking a look here.

On another note, could you also check and let us know if this happens within playlists or only in the queue?

We'll be on the lookout.

IvelinaModerator

Per my original query, I have troubleshooted using these steps already. Twice. 

I may also be experiencing this issue as well. When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S22 to my 2016 Chevy Cruze, the playlist reshuffles from the current song I'm listening to. I can tell because when I swipe left, I can't go back to the songs I just listened to. This may also happen with my Shokz headphones as well. 

I clear my cache and restart my phone every week, and I updated the app to the latest version after a previous issue had been resolved. That's when this started happening. So this definitely isn't an issue with my phone or anyone's phone. This has also been an issue that has popped up at points in the past as well. Please just have the software team look into this, it'll make things a lot faster for all of us. 

Thank you.

Any updates? It’s getting worse. I don’t even have my playlist shuffled at the moment and it keeps adding in songs that are in different places in the playlist. For example, I have it in artist order and was listening to a song by an artist starting with the letter C. The next song played was by an artist starting with the letter F. None of this makes sense and I hope this is a bug that the Spotify team are working on with a high priority. I’d appreciate a prompt response as my billing cycle ends shortly and I am this close to cancelling. 

Hey folks,

This has been forwarded to our tech team.

To help us with the investigation, please provide the exact Spotify versions you're running. For anyone else experiencing this, please also send us:

• The model and OS version of the devices affected.
  • The models of the Bluetooth devices they're connected to. 

Thanks!

MihailYModerator

I’m running version 8.9.10.606. What is the expected response time from the tech team in regards to an update and/or solution on the issue?

Can I get an update?

Hi @Emily173,

Thanks for the reply. We're continuing our investigation on our end. Internal testing has shown that the issue isn't present on the latest app version. Could you test this and let us know how it goes? If the issue persists, let us know what app version you're using.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

I am running version 8.9.16.556 and my issue still persists. 

Update please?

Hello? Can I get an update? How has this seriously not been fixed yet? This is beyond a joke. 

I still haven’t got an update!? What the **bleep** is going on?

Suggested posts