Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Country

Solved!

Wrong Country

I  bought a ipod touch n downloaded Spotify  but got the wrong country in it , how can I change it

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/?utm_source=spotify&utm_medium=menu&utm_campaign=your_ac... i think this is what you're looking for. if you go under account settings and edit your profile you can change your country.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/?utm_source=spotify&utm_medium=menu&utm_campaign=your_ac... i think this is what you're looking for. if you go under account settings and edit your profile you can change your country.

Hey! I saw your answer and I kind of have a similar issue.

But the problem is that account settings say the right country where I am living and where I registered Spotify, however Spotify still does not work and says that the country settings are wrong. And in the Edit your profile page the country box is inactive and I can not even choose anything else. I hope I made myself undestandable 🙂 appreciate any ideas...

@user-removed - Is your country being displayed incorrectly on your online profile

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter

Country in my Online profile is correct - the one that I am living now and where I registered Spotify. 😞

@user-removed wrote:

@Peter

Country in my Online profile is correct - the one that I am living now and where I registered Spotify. 😞

Strange, what device are you trying to listen on and do you have a premium subscription?

Peter

Peter

Hey Peter, thanks for your help!

I actually noticed that I posted this in the wrong discussion (I am using Samsung Ultrabook, not iOS). Sorry!

I posted my question in other discussion board http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Spotify-Thinks-I-m-in-the-Wrong-Coun...

Hope you can help me and sorry for my mistake 🙂

@user-removed - No worries my friend. Left you a reply on that other topic just to keep things organised 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Hi, i can't change my profiles country setting using my ipad. I registered free account for poland, and it is displayed in my profile holland. Choosing poland and saving changes doesn't work.

Please i just got back from the trip france, belgium,holland germany and i can't use my spotify. Please help

Do you get any error messages on the page when you press save after changing it to Poland?

Peter

No errors, it's like te change was done but nothing changes. Strange that i have only two options holland and poland. My other data is correct including zip code

Hi @Myszoman It actually looks like you've got two accounts with us--which are both registered in Poland. Which means you might have a third out there. 

Please fill out our contact form so we can help investigate. Be sure to reply to any automated messages you get back--thanks!

Wow, that strange, i'll do that . Thank you

Dear meredith, i did what was told only to receive an automatic answer that i should turn to the comunity forum. That's quite absurd. I don't know why i have many accounts - i registered only one. I don't know why my country of registration is holland i registered it in Poland. I've been in Holland recently but only maybe for 15 minutes and i was not using spotify there at all. For now i'm going to stay with a free account. It seams like i will have to register just another account.

Did you reply to the automated reply like @meahtenoha mentioned above?

Peter

I have tried to change the country on my account, but because it is linked with facebook, it wont let me change anything unless it is on facebook, but the country is right on my facebook! 

Suggested posts