Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

bug: Spotify Connect and Play Queue

bug: Spotify Connect and Play Queue

I use my iphone to play music on my Bose Soundtouch via Spotify Connect.

When I add a song in the play queue on my iphone it is visible (as a manually added song, indicated by a green dot on the left).

But the song is not played on the bose. All manually added songs get skipped and it plays the next 'auto-added' song.

7 Replies

I'm wondering do certain Connect devices not support play queues. Might be worth asking Bose and/or Spotify support directly. 

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Apparently it is a known bug, I was talking to the Gramofon support and it happens with other devices, not only Bose speakers or Gramofon. They've reported it directly to Spotify last week. Hopefully they listen to a partner more "quickly" and get it sorted soon.

I can confirm more or less same behaviour with Denon HEOS. I think it is unacceptable that such fundamental features does not work...

Added wrinkles:  Nexus 10 tablet controlling a PC.

-A track manually-added from the tablet plays properly, however the tablet will display the the track that would've played otherwise.

-play queue accepts multiple manual-adds from remote device, but only first track is listed/played.

-manual-adds on PC work as expected; tablet queue lists only first track, displays info/progress of next non-manual track, repeating incorrect display as necessary.

-skipping to a manual-add briefly displays correct info on the tablet, but replaces it with incorrect track as mentioned above.

-skipping from one manual-add to another, incorrect display on remote device continues.

Still not solved 17th of Jan 2015. I've got a Gramofon and controlling it from an Android phone (opo).

Last thing I heard from the developers is that they know about the bug and it will be some time before it's fixed.

Hopefully sometime this year. No promises on an exact date. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem on Android connecting to a Libratone Zipp.

Suggested posts