Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

equalizer iOS

Solved!

equalizer iOS

Hi, I know it is already possible to get equalizer for Spotify iOS but anyone know when they are going to add it to settings because I just can't get up equalizer for my new iPhone 5 but I was able to open it on my old iPhone 4.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

And that is just pathetic! The only thing the current sound quality suffice for now is low end headphones. Any higher grade Hifi will dramatically reveal the low sound quality on the current iOS app's of Spotify. I just can't believe that it is so hard to put the eq back in. The beta version was perfect as it was. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hallo guys, there exists an equalizer app for spotify in the IOS app-store. This IOS application is named "soundfocus" and it works perfectly together with spotify  but in spotify onlinemode only. That means, songs downloaded with spotify onto your i-device cannot be equalized offline using this app. Music stored via iTunes in your i-device music library always can be equalized using this app.

Caution:

This app equalizes the incoming sound stream sent from spotify and to be able to perform this, it requires and uses your spotify ID and spotify password to logon to spotify under the cover. Therefore be aware, that this app may be able to use this information for its own purposes, which I'll not insinuate.

Spotify users which have registered spotify together with the t-mobile "music streaming" option in Germany also can use spotify with this soundfocus application and it's excellent equalizer using a mobile connection without having counted the streamed bytes from their free bytes account by the t-mobile provider.

Marked as solution

All,

I just found a better app that is a bit more flexible. It's called SpotEQ. A lot more intuitive to use and works really, really well with Premium Spotify. It's not free but relatively cheap. You can find it by doing a search on "SpotEQ" in the App store (iPhone only at the moment but works well on my iPad).

Marked as solution

Just got the Spotify iOS Update!

Spotify again has its own Equalizer!!

And it's awesome. Now throwing away SoundFocus and SpotEQ. No longer any need.

NICE WORK, SPOTIFY!!

Marked as solution

Spotify equaliser is available from 1.5.0 release, available for everyone now from the Apple App Store. Options are inside Settings -> Playback -> Equalizer
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

17 Replies

@mainztarr wrote:

Hi, I know it is already possible to get equalizer for Spotify iOS but anyone know when they are going to add it to settings because I just can't get up equalizer for my new iPhone 5 but I was able to open it on my old iPhone 4.

Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the hidden EQ was removed in the new iOS app version 😞

There is no word as to when it will be re-added.

Liam

Marked as solution

And that is just pathetic! The only thing the current sound quality suffice for now is low end headphones. Any higher grade Hifi will dramatically reveal the low sound quality on the current iOS app's of Spotify. I just can't believe that it is so hard to put the eq back in. The beta version was perfect as it was. 

I am hard of hearing. The equalizer made spotify a joy to use because I could compensate by boosting the bands I cannot hear (high frequencies). I am disappointed to say the least. What other option do I have? Jailbreak to get system wide equalizer (not even sure this exists).

Ta tillbaka EQ nu!!!!

An equalizer is a must!

Marked as solution

Hallo guys, there exists an equalizer app for spotify in the IOS app-store. This IOS application is named "soundfocus" and it works perfectly together with spotify  but in spotify onlinemode only. That means, songs downloaded with spotify onto your i-device cannot be equalized offline using this app. Music stored via iTunes in your i-device music library always can be equalized using this app.

Caution:

This app equalizes the incoming sound stream sent from spotify and to be able to perform this, it requires and uses your spotify ID and spotify password to logon to spotify under the cover. Therefore be aware, that this app may be able to use this information for its own purposes, which I'll not insinuate.

Spotify users which have registered spotify together with the t-mobile "music streaming" option in Germany also can use spotify with this soundfocus application and it's excellent equalizer using a mobile connection without having counted the streamed bytes from their free bytes account by the t-mobile provider.

I just found SoundFocus for iOS. I don't have any hearing loss, but I have a preference for minor adjustment because of what I tend to listen to, and in what environment. I suspect it would work for you, given how the initial setup works.

It is ridiculous that there is no equalizer built in to the iOS program.  Has anyone heard anything official from Spotify?  They hid it as an undocumented feature and then took it out?  What kind of sense does that make?

If they have reasons, I would like to hear them, as a paying customer.

COME ON!!!!!!!!

I have to put my 2 cents in here. I am also disappointed that the app does not have some kind of equalizer. I just bought a set of very high quality earbuds and would love to be able to boost the bass a bit more.

Please add this function, Spotify. Pretty please with sugar on it!

Just tried SoundFocus. That works really really well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Marked as solution

All,

I just found a better app that is a bit more flexible. It's called SpotEQ. A lot more intuitive to use and works really, really well with Premium Spotify. It's not free but relatively cheap. You can find it by doing a search on "SpotEQ" in the App store (iPhone only at the moment but works well on my iPad).

Thanks for the tip... that *is* nice. I prefer it to SoundFocus already.

On a slightly related note, here's another tip:

Don't use the same toothbrush that you use for cleaning the SoloFill refillable K-Cups between coffee brews, to then also clean the wax, dust and oil from your earbuds. Really nasty looking. Horrid.

lol

I'd also really like to have an equalizer incorporated in Spotify (mobile version).

Apparently, there used to be one, but they removed it. What a stupid change...
Marked as solution

Just got the Spotify iOS Update!

Spotify again has its own Equalizer!!

And it's awesome. Now throwing away SoundFocus and SpotEQ. No longer any need.

NICE WORK, SPOTIFY!!

Marked as solution

Spotify equaliser is available from 1.5.0 release, available for everyone now from the Apple App Store. Options are inside Settings -> Playback -> Equalizer
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

This is good news. I was really liking SpotEQ but I'd rather have everything in the official app. Thanks for the update!

I tried it this morning while at the gym and it seems to be working well. It even has presets built in.

Cheers,

Tony

Suggested posts