Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

failing activation

failing activation

hey I have bought a month of premium on spotify and it takes the money and says I have bought it but then it says failed to activate premium and then when I press get premium again it says that I have already bought it and asks if I want to renew, how do I fix this?
7 Replies

Hey @zoestandennn 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Premium usually activates on accounts instantly.

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. Spotify is working on a fix.

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

well it has taken 3 months worth of payment because I kept trying to get it fixed, will I get the 3 months use?

@MattJSuda

Yes, when the premium activation problem gets fixed you will be able to get three months of premium since you paid three times.

Or, if you want you can contact support to refund the extra two months:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

MattSudaSpotify Star

UPDATE:

I have just gotten confirmation that this problem should now be fixed. Please try logging out and back in. The fix might be a little slow, so please continue trying over the next hour or so.

Glad I was able to help with this.

Enjoy!

MattSudaSpotify Star

It's still not working. I updated to the latest version as well. I've already tried to log out and log in several times. It still can't detect my premium account.

@zrbz Are you still having problems? If so,
I would advice you to contact a Spotify Advisor through the link below, and if you receive an automated reply, just reply back to that email (its for spam prevention purposes) and you should get a reply within max 1 to 2 business days.
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

You could also alternatively reach to @SpotifyCares via twitter at www.twitter.com/spotifycares and their response time is also pretty quick!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts