Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 6 Support Announcement

Solved!

iOS 6 Support Announcement

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.Today we’re announcing that we will no longer support iOS 6 as a platform.

We obviously take retiring platform versions very seriously, and this decision was made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

We understand you might have some questions about this change, so we’ve outlined the top questions here. And please feel free to post below if you have any other concerns!

What will happen if I use iOS 6 on my device?

If you already have Spotify version 1.8.5 for iOS 6 installed on your device you can continue to listen to your tunes. Please note there will not be any further updates or fixes for this app as iOS 6 will no longer be a supported platform.

In order to receive support and the latest Spotify features on iOS devices you’ll need to upgrade to iOS 7 or higher. For more information about Spotify’s System Requirements just click here.

How do I update the iOS software on my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?

We recommend checking this article on the Apple Support site.

I have some more questions about this...

No problem, please post them here. Thanks everyone!

112 Replies

Thank you for fixing it. It took some effort, but it is now working. I retract my previous comment. I will continue to tell everyone how wonderful you are. A very grateful and humble customer.

So, what is the solution? I still cannot download Spotify for ios 6 anymore after deleting the previous one because of some issues.

Kind regards.

@HeidiBTodd wrote:
Thank you for fixing it. It took some effort, but it is now working. I retract my previous comment. I will continue to tell everyone how wonderful you are. A very grateful and humble customer.

How did you solved it? I still cannot download Spotify for iOS 6.1.6.

@Phorgeron wrote:

So, what is the solution? I still cannot download Spotify for ios 6 anymore after deleting the previous one because of some issues.

Kind regards.

Finally it worked as follows:

If you try to sync the Spotify app from your iTunes in your PC with your iPod 4, this will not work, since iTunes downloads in your PC the last version of the Spottify app. Additionally,  I had to download directly the Spotify app from the App Store in my iPod 4. When you do this, you are asked if you want to download an older version of Spotify. And this worked!

Maybe this works for you, but I still get "this program requires iOS 7.0 or higher". So I'm wondering why.

I ignored the warning message...accepted and just let it download.

For me....

The Apple App store downloaded iOS6 version of

Spotify App 1.8.1.8 as reported on my 3/21/2015 post.

good luck

still can not dowloand the soft from the app store 😞 why i dont know i have a Ip6 connected with the apple account but i can dowloand 😞

can u send by email the app¿?

Thanks. I will keep trying.

I have an ipod touch 4th gen with ios 6.1.6 installed. No apps are installed. I want to install spotify on it so I can listen to my play lists offline in the car. It won't let me install any of the versions. I am in the UK if that matters. I will not be a very happy premium customer if I can't install it on there!

I accidentally deleted the Spotify app on my ipod 4g and now I can't intsall it anymore.
No solution described in this thread works.
I still get that anoying "ios 7" message and am really mad.

Why must everything be so complicated ?

I am also facing the same problem! I have got an Ipod Touch 4g and I want to install spotify. What is the problem of letting people use an older version?

Same thing here..
Had the same problems and got frustrated.
Last time I tried the download the spotify app from the store, I got the pop up messge that its not working but the appstore could download an older version. Iaccepted that and now I can listen to Spotify music at my iPod touch 4th Gen

Have you just managed to install it?

My Ipod Touch 4 is running iOS 6.1.6 and doest matter how many times i try I am unable to install. I never get that pop-up offering an older version.

I also wanted to reactivate my iPhone 3GS as a spotify player (because of the iPod interface on this cheap setero I got...)
it is running iOS6.1.6 which seems to be the most uptodate iOS for this device.
But: App store will no grant me the app unless I update my iOS to 7.0 (or higher) which is not avalaible for my device
and your posted link gives me an access denied.....

looks like I managed.....
loaded the app on my PC in itunes....
would not install during syncing...
loaded again on my iPhone3gs, as it was titled to be in the cloud, the device offered me o load a previous version
let's wait for installation....

I managed it. I had another iTunes account set up with iCloud as the
username (@icloud.com). I had it installed on my iPad and went to the App
Store to get it on my iPod and it said 'newest version not available.
Downloading latest compatible version' and it installed that way. Don't
know if this will work for anyone else though.

I just want to know if something happened ? I have the same issue. Don't know why some people get the last compatible version and some others don't. I don't have another portable device (ipod touch 4) and  I payed for the service. Now I'm just going to unsuscribe because there is no point to continue paying.

Thats what happened with mine but I did mine with an iPad. I suppose any
modern apple device or computer with iTunes on it would work.

Marked as solution

Just found something ! 

If you deleted you spotify app by mistake, and if you checked on itunes (PC) the box that says to have a backup on icloud, I restored the ipod and then when you configure everuthing again, you can get a backup of max 2 days ago.Then the ipod starts downloading everything including the old version of spotify. 😄

At least it worked for me.

Suggested posts