Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 9.0.2 iPhone 6S Plus

Solved!

iOS 9.0.2 iPhone 6S Plus

Hi, so. I had iPhone 6 Plus and now i got iPhone 6S Plus. I had Taylor Swift songs on it and some other that i bought/downloaded. It worked perfectly on iPhone 6 Plus, BUT when i synced my new iPhone 6S Plus these songs doesnt work anymore. Have almost 1900 songs on Spotify and really dont want to change to Apple Music just, because my other songs doesnt work. But i guess im gonna do that, soon, cuz i cant come up with a new solution to fix this problem. I googled and did lots of stuff to make it work. Its goin to take forever to add 1900 songs to apple music. xD 

Anyone else had the same problem? Any idea how to fix it? Ooor maybe there is a function like ''From Android to iPhone'', but in this case ''from Spotify to Apple Music''? xD So they add automatically all the song that i have on Spotify?

Btw, im using MacBook Pro. 

Thanks for the help. ❤️

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PotatoOfNorth,

Thanks for all the information so far.

Just to confirm, are you able to listen to these tracks offline on the desktop app?

What is the file format of these tracks?

I'll send you a private information with some more details about your account that could help. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Hey @PotatoOfNorth

Are these local files that you are trying to sync over to the Spotify iOS app?

Try this help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/listen-to-local-files

Note: This feature is for Premium users only.

1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the menu button ().
  4. Tap Your Music.
  5. Tap Playlists.
  6. Tap Local Files, or the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes they are local files. I tried to do that, but i'll do it again aaaaaand im gonna reinstal spotify on mac too. Thanks! 

So i did what u said and i reinstalled Spotify on mac. And it looks lile this. I can only play them on Mac not on my phone... 😕

image.png

Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer.

At the top of the playlist turn on the "available offline" switch and it should start syncing the songs over. You have to stay in the app for all of them to finish syncing. 

Does that help? Let me know

MattSudaSpotify Star

I know how to sync. I have only one wifi connection at home. Im doin exactly how it says on the ''help'' here, but its just not working. No idea why. I reinstalled Spotify on mac and on my iPhone, still no change. Seriously, i have no clue, why is this not working. It worked on one song tho, but not the rest. 😕

Hmmm... I'm not sure what else you can try then. =(

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah, same here... 😕 The only solution i see is to get Apple Music, but it will take sooooooo loooooooong time to add each and every song. I'm just tired of this thing that i cant listen to Taylor Swift songs. 😕

Hey @PotatoOfNorth

Just to make sure we've tried, could you create a new playlist containing some local files, and try syncing again? Let me know how you get on.

I've tried it earlier. Didnt work. 😞

@PotatoOfNorth

Thanks for letting us know. Can you update to the newest app version?

We're now on 4.3.0. This updated last week.

Let us know if this helps 🙂

It is updated. ^^

Hey @PotatoOfNorth,

Just to confirm, how much free space do you have on your iPhone?

Are you able to sync Spotify tracks in Offline Mode at all?

Can you confirm the iOS version you're currectly on?

We'll take a closer look.

Thanks!

Free space: 70,6GB
Yes, i have synced all of the song that i have on my playlist, that are on Spotify.
iOS 9.1

If possible, can you try connecting your iPhone and Mac to a different WiFi network to sync if you have not already tried that? Does that work?

Having a hard time figuring out where the problem is (WiFi, mac, iPhone... etc) but I am thinking something on the WiFi connection is blocking this. (even though you got some to sync)

Did anything else change from when you first syced on your iPhone 6 to when you upgraded to the iPhone 6s?

Because I did the same thing a few months ago. I upgraded from iPhone 6 to 6s and it worked fine.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Actually i just moved (changed living place) and i have a different wifi.

I have synced one song of all my other local files. When i go to my local files playlist, i see the green arrow, but when i want to play it says "its not synced". Only one song works.

Nothing has changed since i changed phones. It worked kind of the same with my old iPhone 6 Plus, but then it was just a few song that didnt sync, maybe 2-4 songs and i just didnt care. But now of 24 songs, only one is synced and the rest doesnt work.
Marked as solution

Hey @PotatoOfNorth,

Thanks for all the information so far.

Just to confirm, are you able to listen to these tracks offline on the desktop app?

What is the file format of these tracks?

I'll send you a private information with some more details about your account that could help. 

Thanks!

Hmm, i cant see the format, but the one which is synced is mp3 and the rest are from iTunes. But it worked good earlier, so i dont think there's any problems with format.

Thanks for the help! It works now, u just had do ''fresh start''. 😄

And i was worried to add every song on Apple Music, that would have taken a looooong time. 😄 

Anyway, thanks again. ❤️

Hey @PotatoOfNorth,

Glad to hear the fresh start helped 😉

We'll be right here if you need us again.

Happy listening!

Suggested posts