Country

EU

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi,
I'm reopening an issue raised by myself & solved in the below thread. After about the week, it is back w/ identical symptoms - I cannot browse Artists when offline on iPhone 6s and latest iOS

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-Downloaded-artists-thus-songs-not-showing-wh...

Actually I have a solution in mind: let me rollback to a Spotify version 2 or so years back where everything worked like a charm. 

I refuse to repeat the steps you suggested last time as the root cause must be much deeper. Can you advise?
Displeased customer already searching alternate vendors

8 Replies

It sounds more like a hardware issue you are using a fairly old iPhone which may be struggling to hold the artist lists in its memory. For example, if you use an app like Instagram close the app and then reopen without an internet connection it will still allow you to view a certain number of posts that your phone has stored and it may be that your phone is struggling to do this for your artist's list. Although I don't see why it can't just list your artists even just the ones for downloaded music.

I don't really see why this is an issue as Spotify is mainly a playlist-based listening service so you would be able to access any songs you have downloaded through the playlist section.

The phone has had a warranty repair and honestly never worked better than today. Wish I could rollback 2-3 versions back - issues started when they revamped the design with **bleep** like 'Liked Songs Playlist' that completely destroyed my favourite picks and me hand-pick tracks from scratch. This app pisses me so much I have no idea why I am trying again and again to fix it.

iPhone 6s is a fully certified device for the latest iOS and it works on it like a charm. Perhaps if there were issues w/ other apps but this is the only one. I will not let Spotify developers' blatant skills become an excuse to my HW being dated. So helloooo Sweden when are you going to wake up and start writing portable, compatible and sustainable code? (double_facepalm)

Hey there @ronnieb78,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're afraid it's not possible to install older versions of the Spotify app, and we always recommend to have the latest one.

If possible, could you try with a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if the issue persists? This would help us determine if this is account-related.

Also, give it a try on another device and let us know if the same happens there.

Lastly, we'd like to know the exact iOS version you're running, along with the Spotify version you have.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

iOS: 14.0.1
Spotify: 8.5.86.739
Test - all other devices constantly online, thus invalid test conditions and no way for me to check.

Also, whenever I post to this **bleep** forum it says 'An unexpected error has occurred' and I have to retype the ENTIRE TEXT again. Now using Ctrl+C backups ofc. Really hate that.

Hey @ronnieb78,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since a clean reinstall  solved the issue last time, albeit temporarily, this would indicate that something is interfering with the apps cache. Possible reasons for this can include battery optimization services. We recommend that you follow the guide to perform a clean reinstall once more, so that the cache can be cleared. To avoid it from getting damaged again, can you please make sure that Low Power Mode (Settings -> Battery -> Low Power Mode) is set off and check if Background App Refresh (Settings -> General-> Background App Refresh) is ON for Spotify?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Give it a rest it's like you don't want a solution. If the devices are constantly online disconnect them from the Internet your making problems where there aren't any.

This is definitely onto something, sir. I always have Battery Saver on (= Background App Refresh constantly OFF). Developed this personal routine : unplug phone from charger -> turn on Battery Saver. It helps lots and there are circumstances where I can achieve up to 1.5 - 2 days on battery.

Does that mean I cannot use Spotify? I would loathe to exchange Battery Saver for it, it's the best feature on iPhone I know.

[Now that I learned every time I post to this forum Chrome throws an error, Ctrl + C it was and my text did not get lost, happy days]

No working solution as at today still.

Suggested posts