Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS app Menu location

iOS app Menu location

On my iPhone, the menu is at the side, and to open it you have to slide your finger. But I see my friend has the menu with all its parts on the bottom of the screen, and that makes it accessible from anywhere, easier to use and simpler. We both have the same iPhone with the same iOS version and the same Spotify version. I have tried deleting it and redownloading it but it doesn't change. I want to know if it is possible to change this. Thank you.
3 Replies

I have the opposite problem. Somehow my menu is at the bottom and I want it back on the side. I must have accidentally push something and can't figure out how to move it back.

Hello @luisga97

Do you both live in the same country?

I've heard that the new bottom menu is only available in U.S., U.K., Germany, Austria and Sweden right now with more countries coming soony

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @rynousa

Unfortunately there is no way to get the old menu back.

The new bottom menu is here to stay.

According to Spotify there were great results from beta testing it:

"The company tested the tab bar on iOS to see how it impacted user engagement. It found that users with the tab bar ended up clicking 9% more in general and 30% more on actual menu items. The tests also revealed that reducing the number of options in the tab bar to five increased the reach of Spotify's programmed content, the company says."

http://www.imore.com/spotifys-new-design-makes-it-much-easier-get-around-app

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts