iOS app too touch sensitive

2 people liked this

Re: iOS app too touch sensitive

Sevanjacob
Casual Listener

There's deffinitely a problem with one of the latest updates. 

I have an iPhone 6 and this problem has been really frusturating to me. 

Rising Star 18 JackD_
Rising Star 18

Hi,

For this specific issue it is a Spotify related but there is a copromise to fixing it, it seems like your device has very high sensivity, to change this go to:

1. General Settings in your iphone
  2. Then click 3D touch

3. After that a screen should pop up with a slider bar 

4.  Adjust it to either Medium or Firm.

If that doesnt help please let me know :)

Best of Luck to you,

Jack

JackD_Rising Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 people liked this

jrlaff
Regular

Thank you for your suggestion. The 3D Touch settings have nothing to do with this. Changing the sensitivity or simply disabling 3D Touch does not change anything.

I have noticed that it does not happen when scrolling the contents of a playlist, while it happens when in a search results list or in an artist most popular songs (main artist page).

1 person liked this

ricktfoster
Casual Listener

Same here! It’s been bothering really annoying to where I don’t even bother with the app... PLEASE FIX!

1 person liked this

NpXX
Regular

I know exactly what OP is talking about. I end up switching songs so frequently when scrolling because of this nonsense. It's annoying after a while!

2 people liked this

benknight73
Casual Listener

Have also encountered this issue since updating. Was never a problem in the 10+ years I’ve been using Spotify, so definitely a problem with the latest version. 

4 people liked this

THE_SEX_YELLER
Regular

I have also noticed this. The way it should work is that, when you tap the screen while inertial scrolling is occurring, the scrolling stops and the item under your finger is not activated. Taps should only activate the selection after scrolling has stopped.

user-removed
Not applicable

I’ve been having the same issue for a couple of months now. It also doesn’t happen for me when I’m scrolling through playlists. It happens on artist pages and also in my library. I just tested again to see for sure, so I scrolled along a few pages by flicking my finger and tapping the screen to stop the scrolling events. So on any artist’s page, it doesn’t happen if my finger lands on the Shuffle Play button, it doesn’t happen if my finger lands on any of the playlists on the artist’s page, and it doesn’t happens if my finger lands on the See Discography button. On any “Popular Song” or album, it will happen. This doesn’t seem to be happening when I scroll through the contents of any individual playlists though. It also does happen when I go to my library and scroll through all of the songs in my library

Freddienewh

Happened to me too at the same very moment that I removed the Apple Music app. As soon as I redownloaded the Apple music app, Spotify began functioning as normal again. Just a coinsidence?? Maybe 

misul

I have also had this problem for a couple of months now on my iPhone 7, even after restoring it. It is pretty annoying, because it kills your current playlist.

SUGGESTED POSTS