Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

The latest version of Spotify on iOS is way too touch sensitive. It happens often during scrolling through that a song or artist is selected accidentally when I was actually trying stop scrolling. 

I don‘t rember which update exactly changed the sensitivity but it must have been one of the last 2 updates. 

20 Replies
8 people liked this

Re: iOS app too touch sensitive

Rising Star 9 PigeonXtreme
Rising Star 9

I've noticed this problem too. I wouldn't say it happens all the time for me, but it is noticeable. I wonder if others are having the same issue? For now I'm just being more concious of my scrolling. That's the only way I've found to avoid the issue.

PigeonXtremeRising Star 9
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

Rising Star 7 d_atd01
Rising Star 7

The app is not sensitive. It is your phone, mine is working perfectly fine.

Rising Star 7 d_atd01
Rising Star 7

The app is not sensitive. It is your phone, mine is working perfectly fine. This happens when you have an old phone and haven't updated it.

3 people liked this

peteist

well, I wouldn‘t be too sure about that. facing the same issue with an iphone xs running the latest version of iOS and Spotify.

3 people liked this

ogenco

Same problem with iPhone6. It became too sensitive with one of the summer ‘18 updates I guess. And it is really frustrating, I even think about canceling my premium membership just for this. Because I can’t really look for songs to add to que while listening a song.

cazafurcias42

Dude, no need to be so rude

6 people liked this

jrlaff
Regular

There is definitely an issue with one of the latest updates. Easy to reproduceo on my iPhone 6S:

1. Start scrolling in a song list, initiating a scroll and letting the list continue scrolling after releasing the finger (just like you normally do with a long list)

2. Without waiting for the list to stop scrolling, initiate another similar scroll gesture, either in the same direction or the opposite.

Actual result: the song on which you initiated the second scroll gesture starts playing.

Expected result: no new song should be played.

This was working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago; performing the same scrolling actions on any other iOS-native list works fine.

This really ruins the app usage as unwanted songs start very often, killing your currently playing song.

This also rejoins a feature that I still do not understand why Spotify has not implemented: the ability to turn on a "lock" mode that would ask for a confirmation every time the app detects that the user starts a new song. This would prevent unwanted song interruptions (accidentally pressing he song instead of queuing it or accessing the more button), somehting very annoying when playing songs in a party for example.

8 people liked this

ACDC-Fan
Music Fan

Lol. Happens to me all the time. I thought it was just a side effect of the way that I scroll down through song lists. In a way it's good to hear that others are having the same problem!

2 people liked this

jrlaff
Regular

Actually here is a simpler scenario:

1. Initiate a quick scroll action (one that leaves the finger down only for a short time) that leaves the list scrolling when you release it.

Actual result: the song on which you initiated the scroll gesture starts playing.

Expected result: no new song should be played.

This is definitely due to the fact that the actual press operation is very short and probably Spotify wrongly identifies it a a click.

SUGGESTED POSTS