Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS problems with Airplay

Solved!

iOS problems with Airplay

After upgrading to ios7, I have experienced problems with Airplay. I can connect and successfully play about 5-10 seconds of music over airplay until it suddenly stops. The app will suddenly switch to playing on the iOS device speaker.

As a side note, I can still airplay successfully on a device that is still running ios6. This seems to be only a problem with ios7 and the most current version of spotify app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I may have a solution. Been playing over Airplay for the past hour without interruption. What I did was force both the ATV and the iPad to 2.4Ghz wireless. This would apply to folks that have a MIMO router which means it takes advantage of both 2.4 and 5 GHz to maximize your thruput. In my case to force the ATV and iPad to 2.4 Ghz I went into my router configuration and had the option to set separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. I gave my 2.4 GHz network a new name and joined both the ATV and the iPad to the new SSID. Instantly made a huge difference. Bit of a hack I realize and hopefully Spotify can resolve the underlying issue of not being able to stream over 5GHz.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Anyone else with this problem or have a solution?

Yes, since I Updates to IOS7 i am experiencing the same problem. Couldn't find a solution yet.

This might sound like a silly thing to ask, but can you try fully restarting your iOS devices by holding down the home and lock buttons for 10 seconds until the apple logo appears on screen and then try again? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem here...restarted all my devices...speakers (libratone lounge) as well...

All other apps with AirPlay works OK!
Only spotify that cuts the connection.

Anyone come up with any solutions? Having the exact same issue, I have two ATVs and 3 different IOS devices, all are having the same issues of cutting out when using Airplay. All other Airplay applications are working fine. Getting pretty frustrated and thinking about cancelling Spotify.

Marked as solution

I think I may have a solution. Been playing over Airplay for the past hour without interruption. What I did was force both the ATV and the iPad to 2.4Ghz wireless. This would apply to folks that have a MIMO router which means it takes advantage of both 2.4 and 5 GHz to maximize your thruput. In my case to force the ATV and iPad to 2.4 Ghz I went into my router configuration and had the option to set separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. I gave my 2.4 GHz network a new name and joined both the ATV and the iPad to the new SSID. Instantly made a huge difference. Bit of a hack I realize and hopefully Spotify can resolve the underlying issue of not being able to stream over 5GHz.

I have the EXACT same problem!!!!!! I didn't notice AirPlay until I got new speakers, so I never experienced it on iOS6, but it does not work properly on iOS7!!!!! :'(

I found that resetting my settings on my appleTV worked. Go to Settings on your ATV -->reset -->reset all settings. Now it's working perfectly.

I found a solution that works for me - and I sure hope it works for all of you. I experienced the same problems with my set up: iPhone, Spotify, Bose SoundTouch Portable, AirPlay and Netgear wi-fi router. It played for maximum two minutes before stopping. After days of googling I found that my router set up was the problem: I went into my router set up via my web browser. In advanced settings I entered the QoS set up and disabled WFF (Wi-Fi Multimedia). This solved it all - at least for now.

Same problem. I did what "einarravndal" suggest and now my libratone is working perfectly.

I have exactly the same issue with Airplaying from an iPhone6 and an iPhone6S to an AppleTV2. Spotify will stutter and cut out every 10-20 seconds or so, but all other apps (itunes, dropbox, radio streaming apps etc) will airplay just fine to the same AppleTV.

This is a recent issue, as everything has been working just fine just 2-3 weeks ago.

I guess it must be an issue with the Spotify App, as I cannot provoke it with airplaying from any other app.

I will happily interact with the Spotify Dev Team, if they need further info to reproduce, but how do I contact them?

Thanks,

Lasse

Suggested posts