Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Solved!

iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

iPhone screen locks while plugged in, I’d like to see album art and song title while I drive but it automatically locks after 2 minutes even though it’s plugged in.

141 Replies

iPhone 6

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15.681

Reinstall did not work for me. The spotify app is no longer telling the phone that it is in use so it goes to sleep. I wired a charger under my dash for this very reason. This is a hassle while driving and I can't just swipe the screen without looking as I normally do to skip. 

iPhone 6 Plus

ios 12.4 

Spotify version 8.5.15.681 

I’m still having the same issue as everyone else even after reinstall. Phone goes to sleep even while plugged in. 

Same issue here. This is very dangerous while driving. Reinstall did not fix the problem. Spotify please fix ASAP.

iphone x

Been having this issue ever since the update. Please fix this as it’s extremely annoying not to mention unsafe.

iPhone 8 Plus

iOS 12.4

Spotify 8.5.15.681

Thanks.

Hi there, I can confirm this, too. Reinstall (following the linked propper instructions) didn't help.

However, I'm experiencing the same problem with Dropbox (same/similar period), so that might be a broader iOS problem. You should Check it with Apple.

iPhone XS

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify version 8.5.15.681

Hi !

same issue here was looking since the last update what was the problem !!!

Please Fix this

Iphone 6S

Spotify Version: 8.5.15.681

@Guido This is clearly a defect introduced in a recent upgrade, you have enough users telling you what the problem is, at least acknowledge it and tell us you're working on a fix? To mt this defect is a showstopper and if not addressed I will likely cancel and switch to Apple Music.

Same issue here, any update on a fix? This just started happening after the recent Spotify app update... 

iPhone 8

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.15.681

iPhone 8

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15

Same problem, before the update my phone would not sleep if playing music in the car. Now it keeps going to sleep. Please release new version.

I'm having this issue too, and it's dangerous because it takes my attention away from driving. Please fix this ASAP.

Thanks,

-J

This wasn’t an issue until just over a week ago. I assume there was an update that broke this. Unbelievably annoying. I reinstalled and still have the issue. 

IOS 12.1

iphone 6s

Ipad mini 2

Os 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15.681

iPhone 8plus

iOS 12.3 

iOS 12.4 

It's also happening on the other Spotify apps as well.

As a band aid I have turned on Guided Access Mode. On your iPhone go to Settings>Accessibility>Guided Access (towards the bottom).

Once turned on just triple click the home button to enable and it will not dim/lock the screen. When you want to end it, triple click again. I don't really know how to enable this on the iPhone 10 but I assume it will be pretty similar. 

So did I. Re-installation does not solve the problem.

Same problem here for the whole family. on iPhone 7, 2 iPhone 8 and an iPhone XR. Apps and ios on all phones up to date.

Was hoping this issue would have been fixed by now. Spotify is awesome and this issue of the screen locking when plugged into power sucks. Making me think it has something to do with how it works with Apple’s IOS. 

Phone: iPhone Xr 

Phone IOS: 12.3.1

Spotify: 8.5.15.681

Same problem here even after clean install:

iOS: 12.4

iPhone XR 128 GB

Spotify: 8.5.15

Very annoying while driving indeed, used to work till not so long back.

Hi, I'm having the same issue and would like it resolved, please! Having spotify open while plugged in would prevent the phone from engaging the auto-lock. Now it uses system settings and turns off the display just like any other app. This persists even after an app re-install.

iPhone Model: 8 64GB

iOS Version: 12.3.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.16.642

Glad I found this thread. 

I thought I was going insane. 

Same behaviour as the previous 4 pages of users. 

iPhone 7

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.15.681

Just did an app update and this does not appear to have been fixed!

Suggested posts